Wookong-M Firmware v5.10

sharonx

Did someone try the RTH (Go-Home) on the 5.10 ? I did today and it was terible - much wooble during gaining 20m alt. , also on the way home, but during the landing everything is fine.
All other flying modes are great (including the new amazing POI) but it seems there is a bug in the RTH algorithm. I fly Y6.

I will post a video of this from outside and also from the onboard camera to show this.

Did someone get good RTH ? With what airframe ?

Maybe the problem is only with Y6 ?

Here is a video from various angles to show my problem with RTH in 5.10.
It will help me (and DJI engineers ) if someone else here will test RTH in 5.10.

It shakes but it is not getting worse than that, meaning it doesn't crash the multi (I tested with various gains nad winds - same every time).
Also - it only shakes on the ascending to 20m, in the flying home and descending everything is OK.
If I ascend manually (fast or slow - it is okay every time).

Last edited by a moderator:

Beta test round one finished....

"Hold off using V5.10; we caught some issues which some of you have cited .... V5.12 will be out in a few hours.

Started looking when RTryder cited the straight line drifting late last night."
sidneyw at rcgroups.

Dreamweaver

What's the deal on this poi... Does it circle a point and keep the nose on it for snappin shots?

Sort of....the new POI becomes in effect your homelock point and you can fly around it.

I can pull off some almost perfect circles with it.

Hopefully the GCS will have this POI mode built in....hint hint DJI.

Aviator

DJI really not testing their FW on every possible airframe configuration (or at least on the most popular ones) and let us be the test rabbits with ~3k$ multi's ? not cool.....
Try 8k$ without camera.. Not good, has cost me lots of time and some money messing around trying to solve the problem... At least it didn`t cost me any damage to the machine or property?

sharonx

It will help me (and DJI engineers ) if someone else here will test RTH in 5.10.

It shakes but it is not getting worse than that, meaning it doesn't crash the multi (I tested with various gains nad winds - same every time).
Also - it only shakes on the ascending to 20m, in the flying home and descending everything is OK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irk5bvk-MdE

Will 5.12 fix my crazy RTH bug ?

snurre

The DJI server seems totally jammed. I cannot even download the Wookong-M User Manual v3.0.
Always getting "Network error" before download can complete.
Can anybody provide a copy, please?
Thanks

sharonx

Even after upgrading to 5.16 the problem continues the same.
Am I the only one eith this ? Will DJI replace my WKM ?

Last edited by a moderator: