Wookong-M Firmware v5.10

skivvie

Hey all,
just updated to the 5.10 fw and went for a test flight. The gimbal is indeed much better than previous versions but my gps atti mode is completely screwed! drifting in all directions. Worked perfectly fine in the prev version. anyone experience this ? Also have you kept your gains or set everything back to default ?

Cheers.

Have you recalibrated the compass?

sharonx

Did someone try the RTH (Go-Home) on the 5.10 ? I did today and it was terible - much wooble during gaining 20m alt. , also on the way home, but during the landing everything is fine.
All other flying modes are great (including the new amazing POI) but it seems there is a bug in the RTH algorithm. I fly Y6.

I will post a video of this from outside and also from the onboard camera to show this.

Did someone get good RTH ? With what airframe ?

Dewster

Did someone try the RTH (Go-Home) on the 5.10 ? I did today and it was terible - much wooble during gaining 20m alt. , also on the way home, but during the landing everything is fine.
All other flying modes are great (including the new amazing POI) but it seems there is a bug in the RTH algorithm. I fly Y6.

I will post a video of this from outside and also from the onboard camera to show this.

Did someone get good RTH ? With what airframe ?

I tried Return to Home yesterday and my quad F450 performed flawlessly. I tried to show my wife the feature today and it scared the $%^& out of me. I powered my craft and waited for it to record it's home position. After recording it's home position I had good GPS reception (only the purple light was flashing). I launched my craft and flew it away from me approximately 200 feet. I let it hover for about a minute in GPS attitude mode to see how stable it was. It had a rock solid hover. I hit the RTH and watched the craft return to it's launch area. My craft began it's decent and then started circling as it was trying to find it's launch point. I decided to retake control of my craft because it was circling so I placed the RTH two position switch into Standby Mode. I could not regain control of my craft.

I tried several times to regain control of my craft while it was on it's wild circle to land automation to no avail. I even turned off the transmitter (Futaba Super 8FG) and that started the failsafe function. My craft climbed in a straight vertical column, waited for a signal from my transmitter (which I turned on and tried to retake control of the craft) and began it's circling decent again. I could not regain control of my craft. Has anyone attempted to retake control of their craft from an automated sequence like RTH or Failsafe?? My control commands were ignored.

Alright... Reading through the manual.... To disengage the automated RTH or Failsafe I have to change the flight mode from GPS to Attitude or Manual. That should disengage the flight automation.

Last edited by a moderator:

janoots2

The forum works as a great place to post and solve problems, but sometimes I feel like that's all that's being communicated. Anyone else out there who endorses the upgrade and has improved performance to talk about? Just looking for some self confidence before I upgrade tomorrow...

fritz99

The forum works as a great place to post and solve problems, but sometimes I feel like that's all that's being communicated. Anyone else out there who endorses the upgrade and has improved performance to talk about? Just looking for some self confidence before I upgrade tomorrow...

I have upgraded two days ago but I cannot see any difference in flight performance.

Dreamweaver

Descending is much smoother and faster depending on what you choose to do.

POI is cool.

Seems to be handling the strong winds well.

Alas i'm still getting the white flashes with big stick movements that i had before.

~Mike

Did the update yesterday morning.

The configuration software crashes a lot. When you switch from the new POI to home lock and then off you get some lag, it's like the software code is too much for the slow cpu inside the Wkm.

I cannot perceive any improvements in windy flight performance over the previous firmware. Still wobbly and abrupt.

The gimbal refresh rate is nice but all the twitching is still there. Plus the gains are unchanged still giving the gimbal a very limited tunning range.

Gps lock times are still in the 3-5 minutes for me. Even if I move the GPS module in every place possible I still cannot get a decent lock. All my other systems have no issues on the same platform.

POI is nice, but the low gps performance makes the circles more like triangles.

Looks like another beta release from DJI to me.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
@ Drewster and @ Denny

Are you saying that IF you initiate RTH with the new X3 assigned switch you cannot regain control of the craft at all?

That seems a bit Naff if that is the case. Does the blue light flash when you actives the RTH switch?

I was going too try mine last night but it started lashing down and as only just stopped! I may just stick with the wauy I have it now.

Has any one noticed more white flashed with this FW? My 450 flies fine but have not really had time to give it a good testing but in the wind yesterday it was solid.

I may just wait before upgrading the biguns
Dave

Blacksails

Dave,

I THINK the confusion with the RTH is from people who are using it on a switch for the first time, due to it being a new feature.

To take control after RTH has been activated you have to switch control modes.

Eg.

Flying in GPS MODE you activate RTH.
At this point switch your control mode to attitude(IMPORTANT)
When you wish to take control, flick your failsafe switch off and control will return.

The wkm needs to see the control mode change before exiting failsafe to return control to you.

Atleast that's how it's worked for me on a mixed in switch on 5.02. But I'm fairly certain the same will apply. If not, then I agree that it is a bit naff

Alex

Hi,
I'm having the same issue with throttle and rudder not working on Version 5.10.
I cycled through Traditional, D-Bus and PPm and it temporarily worked, but after a short time, the throttle and rudder were inopperable again.

Octo X8
40A ESCs
Futaba 2.4GHz

Aviator

Hi,
I'm having the same issue with throttle and rudder not working on Version 5.10.
I cycled through Traditional, D-Bus and PPm and it temporarily worked, but after a short time, the throttle and rudder were inopperable again.

Octo X8
40A ESCs
Futaba 2.4GHz
This is a problem with the new firmware 5.10 and Octo`s It doesn`t work and will not work until the firmware is fixed. A way around it that I have found is to reinstall assistant 1.26 and go to firmware upgrade, it will reinstall 5.08 and everything will work again until the problems with 5.10 are sorted..

sharonx

This is a problem with the new firmware 5.10 and Octo`s It doesn`t work and will not work until the firmware is fixed. A way around it that I have found is to reinstall assistant 1.26 and go to firmware upgrade, it will reinstall 5.08 and everything will work again until the problems with 5.10 are sorted..

DJI really not testing their FW on every possible airframe configuration (or at least on the most popular ones) and let us be the test rabbits with ~3k$ multi's ? not cool.....

DennyR

@ Drewster and @ Denny

Are you saying that IF you initiate RTH with the new X3 assigned switch you cannot regain control of the craft at all?

That seems a bit Naff if that is the case. Does the blue light flash when you actives the RTH switch?

I was going too try mine last night but it started lashing down and as only just stopped! I may just stick with the wauy I have it now.

Has any one noticed more white flashed with this FW? My 450 flies fine but have not really had time to give it a good testing but in the wind yesterday it was solid.

I may just wait before upgrading the biguns
Dave

I had no problems with the S800 as it is all new stuff, the 535 is an old version WKM and it is not behaving quite the same, but still ok. It has a lot of training hours on it now in some hostile conditions. So I will send it back for update. All in all this weeks training has gone very well and the equipment has served us well. I know we all like to bash DJI for their minor faults but nothing else out there comes anywhere near to the advancements that this company has brought to MR community. I flew today with the Zen back in standard 16mm form and it was simply amazing. I have only seen this before with Mil. spec. stuff costing 10 times more.
Wasn't too sure about a big day of flying on Fri. 13th.
Dave even if it wants to complete it's landing schedule on it's own, it is no big deal. It came down just fine in some strong wind.

rcmike

Just saw on RCGroups that Sydney said to hold off on 5.10 due to some problems that popped up with it. He said 5.12 (I think) would be available in a few hours.