servos on x468 gimbal

animau

Hi!

I have a dji naza f550 with FC naza gps and with the x468 gimbal
Just want to know if i put those servos
(Hitec HS-65MG) on the tilt and roll it will be ok? better than the d410 from align...?

PilotMaximus

the Align 410's are better than the Hitec HS-65. The Hitec 5065 are the digital version of the HS-65 and are better yet. If you really want the best servo for the job get Airtronics 94809 they are a bit more money but way better than the rest. I have used them all. I now own 16 94809's in different projects and the just work flawlessly. Amazing torque for holding power along with great speed and centering. Can't beat them.

Phil

jforkner

FWIW. I recently tried a pair of Hitec HS-65HB servos in my x468 Medium Camera Mount and was not happy with the performance---a fair amount of "twitching" and not very smooth motion. I was also using a small point & shoot camera (Canon A620). I switched to a pair of Futaba S3102 servos, and performance improved noticeably. The twitching is mostly gone and the gimbal moves very smoothly. I attribute the improvement,in my case, to the increase in torque (51 oz-in vs. 25 oz-in). The speed of the Futaba is a bit slower (0.25 sec/60* vs. 0.15 sec/60*); but for me, speed was not an issue---it was moving the 10 oz. camera effectively.

I did have to cut out the servo holes in the mount to accommodate the slightly larger servo, but a few minutes with a Dremel took care of that.

Also from my reading (not experience), prevailing wisdom seems to be that analog servos perform better than digital on the Naza.

Jack

mailman35

i have a 2/3rd put together x468 frame, i never got everything to fully align on it. so i havent gotten back to it in a while. it turned in to a slight PIA