Gaui 500x FPV Payload

Zzr

I have a Gaui 500x with FPV. Which one best recommand for Lipo 3S 4000mAh or 4S 4000mAh? Will 4s cause heat on ESC 18A and Motor?

1.ZIPPY Flightmax 4000mAh 4S1P 40C weight 465g
2.ZIPPY Flightmax 4000mAh 3S1P 40C weight 411g.

Gaui 500x weight 670 G
STO S-500 Camera Mount Kit weight/servo 255 G
Gopro hero2 with mount weight 192 G
Manual max Payload 2.2 G
Any input greatly appreciated.

Vojec

Hi Zzr,
Have GAUI 500X also and fly with Zippy 4S 5000mAh 40C with no problem for about 12 min with total weight 2.2kg. On Tomstoy2 suggestion I replace all 4 default GAUI motors and ESC and put T-motors MT2216-12 800KV and 30A ESC. Now they are barely hot (55-60 degree) after 45 min of constant flight.
Before that did some weight stress test with default GAUI motors and ESC on 1m height over high grass and didn't pass with that weight. Hover and slow fly for 4:30min then sudden death fall. Motors are so hot that you can bake eggs on and plastic boom deform shape also. Magic weight with default GAUI motors and ESC was 1.680g in my case.
So suggest to you with your total weight of 1.582g you flight will be ok, but must check motor and ESC temp, if you want replace battery and take off immediately.

Do not believe manual of 2.2kg max - no go, must correct my self can go, but take off and hover 20 sec and land...

Zzr

Many Thanks Vojec,

I really don't want to have to spend the money on my Gaui 500x but It's just simple. cuz I just got S-800 in 2 weeks ago. Maybe spend more money on my S-800. My two Lipo Paluse 3S 2200mAh aren't good (swelling) I will threw it out soon. Should I get new 4s Lipo instead of 3s? but hover for no more than 5 min.

Hi Zzr,
Have GAUI 500X also and fly with Zippy 4S 5000mAh 40C with no problem for about 12 min with total weight 2.2kg. On Tomstoy2 suggestion I replace all 4 default GAUI motors and ESC and put T-motors MT2216-12 800KV and 30A ESC. Now they are barely hot (55-60 degree) after 45 min of constant flight.
Before that did some weight stress test with default GAUI motors and ESC on 1m height over high grass and didn't pass with that weight. Hover and slow fly for 4:30min then sudden death fall. Motors are so hot that you can bake eggs on and plastic boom deform shape also. Magic weight with default GAUI motors and ESC was 1.680g in my case.
So suggest to you with your total weight of 1.582g you flight will be ok, but must check motor and ESC temp, if you want replace battery and take off immediately.

Do not believe manual of 2.2kg max - no go, must correct my self can go, but take off and hover 20 sec and land...

Zzr

I have one question again.I asked DJI tech. They said plugs to Controller from servo (gimbal gopro) without ubec in 2 months ago. I flow abt a few times. I saw posted in forum that it cause to burn on PMU. I decided to unplug it but good things no burned.What kind of ubec should I buy? I have an ESC hobbywing 30A for heli but UBEC 5V. Will it work with gimbal gopro one servo?

Hi Zzr,

Vojec

On my quad have ubec but take it off because no place in my quad. Fly about 30 hours with no problem. But yes it is good thing if you have some room to place it.

le duc

Hello,

I red Vojec experience and i have similar crash when i use the gaui 500... with payload for about 4 minutes (full weight 2100g)
Even if The drone is able to load more weight for some seconds the problem occur after some minutes of flight and the standard gaui GM412 are very hot.
Too much weight for the engine.
I replace two motors (more hot then the others) but the result is the same...crash like on your vojel video and impossible to put my finger on engine.

It seems you find a solution by replacing ESC + Motor.
May be replacing only engine will be enough ?

I red Vojel make test with gaui motor + ESC 30A but it seems he do not make it with gaui 18A ESC and MT2216
For me complete with a total flying weight of 2100g I used around 500W so 125W by motor. If I divise by 14,8V (4S) i have around 8 A by ESC-motor. TAke some security and keep 10A.
It seems it will be possible to use the gaui 18A ESC.

After what choice for MT2216 for standard 10" propeller ? 800KV or 900KV
I would said ideal could be 850KV but not exist.

A last question: Did MT2216 fit well in gaui plastic box ?

Many thanks for your remarks, experience comments...

Vojec

...May be replacing only engine will be enough ?

Hi Le Duc,
Maybe, but I wouldn't recomend that. If you have Quanum telemetry system link amp goes high when you push motor to the limit. So if you would be 100% sure buy as I do.
Now I fly like mad with Mt motors and ESC. Not even close to hot, and if you some day put a little heavier cam on board you can fly like dream :)
...After what choice for MT2216 for standard 10" propeller ? 800KV or 900KVI would said ideal could be 850KV but not exist.

A last question: Did MT2216 fit well in gaui plastic box ?
I have MT2216-12 800KV and 30A tiger ESC. Buy from Bartosz Boruta from Poland. He just start a new web Shop with Tiger stuff. Here is the link to motors and ESC.
I assume that you are from France, so you can buy in your country. I prefer Poland because is ceaper and you got with full accessory kit (on other web you must buy it separately). If you give your VAT num you got it without VAT :).
MT2216-12 800KV :hmm seams they remove from shop. Contact him from web form is very kind person.
30A ESC: link
...Did MT2216 fit well in gaui plastic box ?
Yes fits perfect on GAUI plastic box. Uploaded some images for better view. Only one little modification is needed, because wire orientation with MT motors is a 90 degree different, you must drill a two holes to plastic box for wires.

Use GAUI defaul props with no problem...

PS
with 4S 5000mAh battery safe fly for about 12 min constant :)...

View attachment 4690View attachment 4691View attachment 4692

Attachments

• IMAG0613.jpg
    IMAG0613.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 243
  • IMAG0612.jpg
    IMAG0612.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 308
  • IMAG0614.jpg
    IMAG0614.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 258

le duc

Hi Vojec,

many thanks for informations.
Looking for your PS 12mn fly time: that means your consumtion is round 278W that means very good looking for GAUI consumtion tab.

To find this value (276W) they gave flying weight 1800g and 4S.
Could you confirm your 2.2Kg flying weight

If I keep your values with 278W that means 278/4= 70W by motor

70W / 14,8 = 4,73A that means with esc 18A i could have in theory peak near 4x

Did you made some telemetry consumtion analysis ?

I didn't find any information Power, Imax... on standard Gaui GM412 . Did you have it ?

Vojec

land before 23% mAh left. Yes fly with 2.185g total weight... never did test with 18A and Tiger Motors, so can't confirm.... No I use DJI Naza MC...

le duc

I ordered MT2216 800KV un UK.

I hope i will see a big difference.

I'm not very happy to have to drill the gaui motor body. Is it not possible to change the cable exit on the T motors ?

Vojec

This was my first tought also, but at close look no go. I can't figure beter solution without a drilling... You will see a big differece with motors I can bet on it :)