battery size?

skypup

What is the largest 3s lipo being used on the stock flame wheel 450? I'm just running a 2100. Thanks in advance.

skypup

Thanks chaps. Guess I can increase battery size considerably. With complaints of prop breakage I've been concerned about adding weight. Someone on another forum verified for me that the older stock props (10") he had did indeed have smaller diameter hubs. My kit has the thicker hubs which have a diameter of 15.85 mm so I am assuming I have a newer kit. Anyone carrying a go pro camera with the heavier batteries? Thanks.

Rick~K

Free Bird
With complaints of prop breakage I've been concerned about adding weight. Someone on another forum verified for me that the older stock props (10") he had did indeed have smaller diameter hubs. My kit has the thicker hubs which have a diameter of 15.85 mm so I am assuming I have a newer kit. Anyone carrying a go pro camera with the heavier batteries? Thanks.

skypup, don't trust the stock 10" props, I had my 550 lose a prop last Friday and my 450 the next day 10" also. The 550 was a replacement for a 550 I lost a few weeks earlier that I was looping and it went in almost straight down and at first I thought it was from low battery and couldn't develop enough thrust but now think I lost a prop then also. The 450 broke in front of a crowd of club members I was demoing the MR's that were interested in buying one for themselves. it was about 100' in the air in a hover, made a turn and you could hear it snap. It tumbled all the way to the ground. Then when we were talking after the event I told them I would contact DJI about warranty and most members thought the Company would replace the kit since ALL my kits were ARF's and stock props and new kits. My reply was to send pictures, I sent pictures and this is their reply....The previous props are very sensitive. Pls stop using the old props and contact the dealer for strengthened props.

Last edited by a moderator:

r4nd0m

skypup,

I use turnigy 3s 3300mah (383g) and have mounted a veho muvi hd gumball to it - not an issue at all ... a chap at our club 4400mah with the go pro mounted

SK1

I'm using Sky Lipos 3s 5000mAh with a GoPro on my Flamewheel, 10" GF props and Turnigy L2215J-900kv motors. A lot smoother and quieter than stock motors. Gives me about 13-15 mins of flight.2215J-900 Brushless Motor (200w)
L2215J-900 Brushless Motor (200w)

skypup

I'm using Sky Lipos 3s 5000mAh with a GoPro on my Flamewheel, 10" GF props and Turnigy L2215J-900kv motors. A lot smoother and quieter than stock motors. Gives me about 13-15 mins of flight.2215J-900 Brushless Motor (200w)
L2215J-900 Brushless Motor (200w)

Are you using the stock esc's with those motors?

SK1

Here's a pic of my Flamewheel

Attachments

• 2012-05-06 14.53.10.jpg
    2012-05-06 14.53.10.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 164

skypup

Here's a pic of my Flamewheel

Someone made reference to GemFam 9x4.7's and I bought those but have not tried them. I also ordered zinger wood props, someone was happy with those. I bought some square carbon fiber rod and styrofoam balls to do a set up like yours. I will need to sling my battery underneath to make room for the gps unit I ordered. The antenna needs to mount on the top plate.

Have any videos posted with your set up in flight?

craigblk

Just ordered Turnigy Nano's 4's 6000mah for my soon to be built CarbonCore 950mm quad with Tiger MT2814/10 770Kv Motors and 11 x 4.7 Carbon Reinforced Nylon props hope that's not overkill I am new to the multirotors coming from fixed wing and helis background. Hopefully will get reasonable flight times with this combination of batteries.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]