Canon 550d experience with dirfferent lenses

Hedge

Hey,

I was wondering what people thought of the Canon 550d as a base HD video unit and what where generally thought of as the best lens sizes for both general video of flying around (oustide) a house / garden and more specific survey of buildings - looking in detail at areas such as roofing or chimenys?

Cheers

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hey,

I was wondering what people thought of the Canon 550d as a base HD video unit and what where generally thought of as the best lens sizes for both general video of flying around (oustide) a house / garden and more specific survey of buildings - looking in detail at areas such as roofing or chimenys?

Cheers

Paul

Just done a film shoot with one in London will post results when its releaced but this was my first pic with the 10/22. I am vert happy with the results for stills.. Video I will try tomorrow

attachment.php

Dave

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
thats a pretty heavy lens on a heavy camera. If I used Canon i would buy a 24 or 35 prime. I like that the T2i/550d has analog output and a plug for remote shutter. These are big perks right there! It is a great camera. I am using the Nex5n though as I really like having 1080 60p and the images are amazing from just a kit lens. For the cost of the 10-22 you can have a whole nex5n.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
thats a pretty heavy lens on a heavy camera. If I used Canon i would buy a 24 or 35 prime. I like that the T2i/550d has analog output and a plug for remote shutter. These are big perks right there! It is a great camera. I am using the Nex5n though as I really like having 1080 60p and the images are amazing from just a kit lens. For the cost of the 10-22 you can have a whole nex5n.

Got one but for pro video shoots they want the canon and wont entertain the Nex5.. well thats what the last DOP said and he is a pretty big bannana over here! Cant wait to see our footage in his production.

24 is to narrow for the shots we want to get ive tried.

This is her in action

attachment.php

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
yeah, that was my same experience this last shoot. the DP handed us a 5d like it was chewing gum. After talking him down to the t2i he understood. A 5d is just not necessary for aerials IMO. Just makes things more nerve racking.

NicoleJ

If you are looking for action camera that has a good lens then Cannon is a good option and it is also perfect to capture in far distance.