Traveling, Packing & Air travel with big frames Skyjib AD8 Cinestar NAB

JLO

Hi to all I want to start this thread with an update on transporting the big frames on jobs How some of you guys are doing it now, I have a Skyjib 8 and its not necessarily like others, an easy frame to pack in a reasonable size case, it requires too much disassembling I was at NAB had a talk to Linda from Droidworks and they are coming with very interesting solutions like quick release for the AV 200 camera gimbal to the folding up boom arms she told me that some of that will be ready soon, first for the AD line of frames following for the SkyJib frames but my interest is to find other creative solutions on how you guys are transporting now, I have seen the solutions from Flexacopter very cool connectors on the booms, to the boom removal of the CineStar frames, but on the Droidworks frames like the Skyjib how do you guys pack and or fold the booms
thank to all

When I travel with my Larger Octo. I take the landing gear/Gimbal off by removing the 4 bolts on the Gear rail Bracket. I pack that whole assembly into a seperate box. Then my copter, Radios, Charger, and power supply go into these cases. They are not cheap, but they will protect your $15k-20k copter, ensuring your copter arrives on set safely.

IMG_6226.jpg

IMG_6230.jpg

IMG_6224.jpg

When I travel with my Larger Octo. I take the landing gear/Gimbal off by removing the 4 bolts on the Gear rail Bracket. I pack that whole assembly into a seperate box. Then my copter, Radios, Charger, and power supply go into these cases. They are not cheap, but they will protect your $15k-20k copter, ensuring your copter arrives on set safely.

IMG_6226.jpg

IMG_6230.jpg

IMG_6224.jpg

Wow beautiful setup you have!, love the roadcases!

IMG_6226.jpg

IMG_6230.jpg

IMG_6224.jpg

Hi, can I ask where you sourced these cases please? They are just what I am looking for.

Rick.