Motor angle for Y6

nathasm

I'm using a WKM on my Multiwiicopter Scarab Y6. In the build log for the scarab, it recommends a 3 degree tilt to the two front booms...but I wonder if that's only for the MWC.

Does a WKM Y6 configuration require any tilt of the motors for stable performance?

I'm having horrible drift issues when in GPS mode and any time I throttle up or yaw.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Ney... keep um all perfectly level. Post up your set up... props, motors and what your settings are

Dave

PS Welcome to MRF

srbell

My Scarab's boom are all set to zero and works great. I found drift is usually inaccurate GOG setting for you IMU and GPS.

nathasm

Attachments

• DSC00308.jpg
    DSC00308.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 291
  • DSC00309.jpg
    DSC00309.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 306
  • DSC00310.jpg
    DSC00310.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 326
  • DSC00311.jpg
    DSC00311.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 271
  • DSC00312.jpg
    DSC00312.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 311

nathasm

Droider, thanks for pointing that out. I re-read the manual and the only place they mention the GPS direction is in tiny font on the connection layout page.

I think between that and setting the motors to 0 degrees really helped smooth things out. I'm still getting some CCW yaw drift but I think I can correct that by being more anal in adjusting the motor angles. I'd prefer not to use too much subtrim since that seemed to have an adverse affect when I did it in the field this morning (i.e. I crashed).