XAircraft X650 v8

GmeisteR

Hey guys just wondering if the x650 v8 bone stock can carry a camera like the panasonic GH2 ?? also, how well does the xaircraft GPS and position hold and altitude hold work? is this a good multi-rotor for a first time multirotor owner ?

ISCGDave

Hey guys just wondering if the x650 v8 bone stock can carry a camera like the panasonic GH2 ?? also, how well does the xaircraft GPS and position hold and altitude hold work? is this a good multi-rotor for a first time multirotor owner ?

Rather than answer your question in a long drawn out post I will turn your attention to the lengthy discussions on this forum and also on rcgroups . com regarding the gps and position hold. Use the search function and you will find that many have had very bad results however there are a few that are really happy with the v2 electronics and finally starting to see some improvement. I have a complete x650v8 kit setting in boxes because it is the version 1 electronics and I bought it right when they switched over. I was warned by others on this forum about where I bought it and what I was buying but I failed to heed their warnings.

I would not recommend buying from Xaircraftusa as a matter of fact I will do everything to deter you from making that mistake.

-Dave

Bowley

what you'll end up with is a very expensive, small, half descent airframe once you swap the FC, ESC's and motors.
The motors I dont like because of the flat spots mean you can only use XA props and they are not easy to balance.
The ESC's I are only 10A I had a few burn out.
My FC never really worked and at its best I could never trust the V8 not to take a wander off in some random direction of its own accord. Absolutely no way would I ever trust it with a camera like a GH2. (which it will carry but with low flight times).
To be fair my opinion and experience is based on what I believe to be, by XAircraft USA'a own brief admission, a dodgy batch of flight controllers, they may well be ok now, I dont know and dont really follow the XA threads

The frame I like, parts are cheap and its quite a good design IMHO. I like the load rail, battery hanger, load hanger and landing skid arrangment.
Have you looked at the XA Hex frame?

GmeisteR

yeah i saw the hexa frame its looks amazing to me, but im not sure if i could fit some good motors on it like the 2814-12s AVROTOS ??? I'm thinking a decent beginner setup might be this.

XA hexa frame
2814-12s Avroto Short shaft 770kv motors
plush turnigy 30Amp ESC's
DJI naza FC
AR8000 + DX8 ( I already have these, along with 2 satt receivers)

I would love to try this setup but being its my first multirotor, im not sure on ALL the parts i need for a build. Such as any extra wiring..nuts..bolts...spacers..? i dunno i feel if it doesnt come in a kit form ima be order little odds and inns for the next 6 months : /

Bowley

I'm sure one of the more reputable MR vendors would put you a custom package together including hardware.

ISCGDave

Look at cnchelicopter.com for your Xaircraft hexa kit with motors and esc's which will work with the Xaircraft V2 electronics and the DJI

-Dave

yeah i saw the hexa frame its looks amazing to me, but im not sure if i could fit some good motors on it like the 2814-12s AVROTOS ??? I'm thinking a decent beginner setup might be this.

XA hexa frame
2814-12s Avroto Short shaft 770kv motors
plush turnigy 30Amp ESC's
DJI naza FC
AR8000 + DX8 ( I already have these, along with 2 satt receivers)

I would love to try this setup but being its my first multirotor, im not sure on ALL the parts i need for a build. Such as any extra wiring..nuts..bolts...spacers..? i dunno i feel if it doesnt come in a kit form ima be order little odds and inns for the next 6 months : /