Noobie from Nashville TN area

chazkagel

Hi all,
Wanted to say hello and how I got to this forum.

About a year ago I bought an e-flite CX3 coaxial heli. Prior this this I had only tinkered with an entry lever RC car. I tried for weeks and went through many blades but I never could learn to fly the CX3 for more than a few minutes before I'd crash. After a couple of months I finally packed it all back in the box and stored it in the closet. I'd had it with replacing blades. Pretty dissapointed.

Last week I was in a hobby shop and saw the mQX quad-copter. Guy in the shop flew it for me and I was hooked! I also learned that the CX3 had lots of problems and that's probably why I couldn't fly it as a noobie. I bought one of the BNF mQX models and since I already had a DSM2 transmitter that came with the CX3, the LP5DSM, I didn't need the RTF. I have since learned that the LP5DSM transmitter is not really my best choice so I just bought a DX6i. Can't wait until it gets hear! I'm really impressed how much abuse the mQX can take and not break. I've already crashed it into everything just about and the dog likes to chase it. The canopy is delicate but I can accept that.

Hope to learn a lot here from experienced people.

Doug

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye up Doug.. Welcome to MRF. The MQX is indeed a sturdy little MR..

Welcome on board

Dave