My Second DJI WKM, motor spin up issues.

dolby

Needs more bacon!
Only 3 or 4 motors will spin when I ARM the WKM. If I unplug the power and plug it back in same thing will happen but different motors will spin up. One time after trying a dozen times all 6 motors spun up but power cycling it went back to its old tricks.

Motors: Avroto 2814 (the older ones with the stickers on the bell)
ESC: DYS 30amp flashed with simonk firmware.
(I set the throttle end points on each esc after flashing them)
Props: 12x6 APC

Any suggestions? I've read a few of you are using DYS 30a w/ simonk, Avroto and WKM with out issue.

I had a similar issue, but it was always the same motor. I dropped the prop size right down to what was barely suitable, being some spare EPP 1045, and the motor spun up. But then when I threw the larger props on it wouldnt spin up properly. I was flying 4S with AXI 2814/22 and DJI 30A ESCs. I ended up cutting out my power harness and buying a Herkules. Hopefully it was the ESCs acting up.

dolby

Needs more bacon!
Hmmm thanks for your insight matthew.wright5. I'll check my power board.

I did forget to mention one thing, this setup had a HFP on it. All the motors spun up with that controller but I was always fighting the throttle. Although ever since the gps firmware my HFP has flown like crap so thats why I wanted to try a WKM.

If you give it more power does the motor spin up? if it does its the ext osc. fault.
Try to reflash the esc's with simonk latest firmware and since your DYS probably have no external oscilator you will need to do throttle calibration on each one. Better results can be had if you do the calibration once with all esc's connected in some way.

dolby

Needs more bacon!
Thanks redridinghood, I gave it full 100% throttle and all of a sudden all the motors started. I then re-did the throttle calibration again on all the ESC's and it worked. I wonder why it didnt work the last two times I did it. They must have lost calibration when I took them off the HFP.

Man the Y6 is so quiet with the simonk firmware. Even less noise with my Maytechs at 16hz

Last edited by a moderator: