Did I buy the wrong battery?

nws

I'm kinda tripping out right now. I just bought a couple of 30c 5800 4s Zippy Lipos From HK. I Soldered on some dean connectors, balance charged them, and then took them out for a flight on my AD6 Heavylift with camera attached. About a minute into the flight my low voltage alarm started going off. I laid off the throttle, and the alarm turned off and I was able to fly mellow for another couple of minutes before the alarm went off again. I checked my timer and I only got a 3 minute flight. I get about 6 minutes of flight out of a 6200 4s 25-50c pack normally. Any ideas?
:upset:

I have a similar issue with the Nano Tech 6000's. My Low voltage will come on sooner while under heave throttle. It seems that its due to the voltage dropping under heavy draws. I use to keep my Low voltage alarm set to 3.7 per cell. Now I put it at 3.5. That way the alarm does not come on so soon. When I land, I still have plenty juice in the packs. I have wondered if a higher C Rating Lipo would eliminate this issue. I am interested to see what some other opinions/recommendations are.

Tomstoy2

Lower it to 3.3v per cell, you should still be fine and not drop below 20%.
Also, make sure you have nicad set in the esc to prevent it from shutting off and dropping out of the sky.

Tomstoy2

30c is what I use. There really isn't much need to go higher than that, but stay away from going lower. It's kind of like a fuel line on your car. You need enough to keep up with demand, but anything more doesn't do anything for you.

Battery type is a more important factor.
I have real good success with Turnigy, and it's hard to beat the price. Others are reporting issues with NanoTech, which is supposed to be a better battery.

I've also had very good results with Voltz batterys, and the price is very doable, too.
Hyperion is a great battery, but a little more costly.

rwilabee

I have been using some of the Thunderpower 45C 5000 and 6600 G series quick charge for my Hex but they are very expensive. Wouldn't mind trying something different.

Rich

30c is what I use. There really isn't much need to go higher than that, but stay away from going lower. It's kind of like a fuel line on your car. You need enough to keep up with demand, but anything more doesn't do anything for you.

Battery type is a more important factor.
I have real good success with Turnigy, and it's hard to beat the price. Others are reporting issues with NanoTech, which is supposed to be a better battery.

I've also had very good results with Voltz batterys, and the price is very doable, too.
Hyperion is a great battery, but a little more costly.

Tomstoy2

It's just a decrease in flight time thing, and not everybody is complaining. I chaulk it up to normal Chinese quality control issues. You know how it goes, on batch fine, another batch not so much.
But, there are enough of them to turn me off of the idea for a multi.

Funny thing is, seems everybody is pleased with them for their cp heli's.

I've run my Turnigy 4s 30c batterys enough now to be convinced that they are a good fit for small multi's.