DJI WKM gain settings, etc.

iconflyer

Hello everybody,
I just sent this email to DJI support, didn't realize there is a forum :)

"I just purchased the WMK and installed it on a small quad in X configuration(500mm motor to motor). While, it flies great with the default gains(no wobbles or oscillations, very responsive in atti mode, GPS Atti mode also works great) I tried playing around with the gains to see what sort of effects they will have: I have the pitch/roll gains configurable via X2 and vertical via X3(verified the gains value changes in the software also). I increased and decreased the gains from 50% to 200% and there is very little change in behavior, again no osciallations or wobbles or anything, but it just to respond in the exact same way. On vertical, increase or decreasing the gains seems to impact the sensitivity to the throttle stick but only very very little. Is this normal?

Confiuration:
8"X4 Gaui props
KDA 1075Kv motors
Plush 12amp ESCs
RTF weight about 1KG
Tx/Rx Hitec Aurora 9/Optima 9"

This is obviously not a bad thing, but I can seem to configure different "feels" for the copter...the gains really make very little different, the WKM is just always stable no matter what I do :) I was originally attempting to improve the vertical gain, because on faster flight speeds it tends to drop .5-1m and on breaking it would rise similarly or slightly more.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

iconflyer

just an update, the pitch/roll gains do respond, but I had to go beyond 200% to see the twiching, vertical gain has a maximum of 250%...any thoughts on vertical gain will be much appreciated!

iconflyer

I think that's for making the vertical controls more accurate or increasing the deadband feeling of the throttle stick...my question is about why there is no change in copter altitude hold behavior when I'm basically changing the vertical gain from a very small value to a very large value

mailman35

your best bet for a response is to go through the vendor you brought the kit through, as they respond alot quicker to china.

Find out all the ways you can get support and service for you DJI products
◎The quickest way is to contact the local dealer where you purchase your products.
◎ If you cannot find your answers from your dealer, please feel free to contact us. Our technical support mailbox is support@dji-innovations.com , We will reply you within 1-3 working days due to the large amount of emails. Our working time is from Monday to Friday , 9:00AM to 18:00PM (HongKong Time GMT+8:00)
◎ If you contact us beyond our normal business hours, your reply might be delay.
◎ Please make sure you provide the information of products, dealer and problems when you send email to us.

iconflyer

Yes thank you very much for the super quick and accurate responses! I'm very happy with the level of support so far...much appreciated!