Where have all the 4S >5000mAh Lipos gone in the UK ?

ZAxis

Now our ADX3H heavylift Y6 is flying, the 3900mAh Lipos seem a little inadequate so I've been looking for some 4S Lipos with a capacity greater than 5000mAh and a high C rating. A sweep of all the usual suspects has produced a 100% out of stock response. I'm not counting the dodgy eBay Hong Kong imports. Anyone got a good lead for some ?

andy

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I ordered a load from HK, long delivery but the price was right, as Brucey says!

Regards,

Gunter.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jes1111

I've read (but now I can't find the link) that worldwide regs are changing (or have already changed?) about transport of lithium cells. Apparently cells over 5000mAh exceed the limit on lithium content, so you can't post them, couriers won't carry them and you can't take them on an airplane. Hence, I believe, many suppliers have already dropped any packs that exceed the limit. I believe that parallel packs are already appearing, particularly for the very high voltages, which allows them to stay with the law.

Mind you, the source I read could be wrong :) - has anyone got confirmation of this?

ZAxis

Gunter - which ones ? Long delivery may due to forced transport by sea. See below.
Jake - May have to settle for lower capacity, 3900 to 5000 just didn't seem a big enough difference
Jes111 - Air freight companies are definitely waking up to the risk of transporting Lipos and two cargo flight crashes have them as contributing suspects. UPS lost a 747 in Dubai and Asiana one in South Korea. Nasty things but so useful !

These are TNT's regulations ...
http://www.tnt.com/content/dam/tnt_...for_Excepted_Lithium_Batteries_APRIL_2011.pdf

andy