Hd fpv?

Brandon84

Are there any HD transmitters out there for FPV? We are looking to get a multirotor heli for live feeds back to a broadcast truck, but we would love to have a better quality video for the feed than normal FPV. And before you ask, we do have an R/C heli pilot on staff to fly the thing :) I just need to get the logistics worked out for getting the feed into our production.

Brandon84

I think Brandon has a bigger budget than you ZAxis :tennis:

Sorry, that probably sounded bad in my reply. We were actually looking for a unit for HD WiFi for quite some time, and as with anything wireless HD, I was thinking it would be in the $10k range. $3k is still expensive, but way less than what we had budgeted so it was an easy decision. I talked to Teradeck support for about an hour to make sure it would work for what we needed, and everything sounds good. If it doesn't work, they have a 30 day return policy, so there isn't much risk with it unless we crash and burn the heli ;-)

Brandon84

What would be the range on this thing seeing it is Wifi ?

According to Teradeck, its as good as your WiFi network. For most home routers, its about 200-300 feet direct line of sight. They pointed us to an industrial WiFi access point though which has about 500 foot radius, and that is more than enough for our needs. If you want to get really fancy, you could have multiple access points setup to increase the range.

The bottom line with this system is that it is designed more for live HD back to your production if you are using it in film. If you are wanting HD for FPV flying, then this is not the application for you...its range is way too short. We film live sports such as baseball, football, kart racing, etc, so we just need a live short range aerial view from time to time.

CineRebel

Sorry, that probably sounded bad in my reply. We were actually looking for a unit for HD WiFi for quite some time, and as with anything wireless HD, I was thinking it would be in the $10k range. $3k is still expensive, but way less than what we had budgeted so it was an easy decision. I talked to Teradeck support for about an hour to make sure it would work for what we needed, and everything sounds good. If it doesn't work, they have a 30 day return policy, so there isn't much risk with it unless we crash and burn the heli ;-)

Hi Brandon,

Have you had a chance to use the teradek with your multirotor?

If yes ... Is it any good?

Best regard,

Brandon84

Yes, we have actually been using it with awesome results. We do a lot of systems implementation, and we were actually so impressed that we picked up this product line as a dealer and stock these items. There is one small drawback though. If you want to use this as an FPV, it won't work because there is about a 0.5-2 second lag, depending on your wireless connection strength. For our use though, we are using this for live aerial footage of sporting events (kind of like what you would see with a good year blimp). So for this instance, the slight delay is no big deal.

If you are interested in one of these units, contact me directly. We can do some really good pricing on them compared to what you will find online.

-Brandon

CineRebel

Well .. i am looking to use the teradek with multiple longrange wifi acces points to cover a large area. Just saw they came with a new model with build-in battery. can you send me your companies website ?? and perhaps some pricing on the new teradek?

cheers navid

yakjock

This may be a bone question but wifi is 2.4Ghz & 90% of controllers are 2.4Ghz how do you avoid interference problems either to the controller or the video being transmitted? Again sorry if this is a stupid noob question.

SMP

Yes, we have actually been using it with awesome results. We do a lot of systems implementation, and we were actually so impressed that we picked up this product line as a dealer and stock these items. There is one small drawback though. If you want to use this as an FPV, it won't work because there is about a 0.5-2 second lag, depending on your wireless connection strength. For our use though, we are using this for live aerial footage of sporting events (kind of like what you would see with a good year blimp). So for this instance, the slight delay is no big deal.

If you are interested in one of these units, contact me directly. We can do some really good pricing on them compared to what you will find online.

-Brandon

Hi Brandon,

We do streaming video for some of our corporate clients and would like to get away from the cables. Problem is... we went with Canon XF300s (No HD/SDI - only HDMI and Component Out) If it will work can you let me know what you can do price wise?

All the best!

Steven
www.sequinminer.com
photos@sequinminer.com