Need help with FPV antenna cable type.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I just got a patch antenna and it is male rp-sma, I think. Wondering where you guys get these female to female cables to attach the male to male ends from the patch to the receiver. Readymaderc has male to female but that doesnt fit the bill. I'm thinking radio Shack might have a converter. for starters, am I calling this the right thing? Reverse SMA, right?

View attachment 2694

Attachments

• FTS.jpg
    FTS.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 235

Macsgrafs

My advice is NOT to use SMA connectors as they loose power, as much as 3Db...roughly half your available power! Better to change the connector on the end to fit what it needs to mate with.

Ross

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
OK, to be more specific, because i dont understand your response.......

I have an immersionrc 5.8 diversity RX, a patch antenna and a blue beam. the blue beam screw right to the Rx but the patch antenna needs to be located elsewhere and is also a male fitting. Regardless of prop 8, 2 males just dont work in the electronics world. So I am wondering what/where to buy a 1-2' extension that is female to female.

Now, 2 females works!

Macsgrafs

OK, to be more specific, because i dont understand your response.......

I have an immersionrc 5.8 diversity RX, a patch antenna and a blue beam. the blue beam screw right to the Rx but the patch antenna needs to be located elsewhere and is also a male fitting. Regardless of prop 8, 2 males just dont work in the electronics world. So I am wondering what/where to buy a 1-2' extension that is female to female.

Now, 2 females works!

Im not sure where you will get an extension lead with female to female, I think you will have to make your own!!!

Ross

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I am completely baffled as to how these antennas have been out for so lang and there is not a cable to attach them both together???

I realize that I am calling these the wrong thing too. When i refer to female i am thinking of the physical threads, not the inside prong. So i think technically reverse SMA connectors would be labeled as male when they have a prong in the middle regardless of the threads' sex.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I got another issue I need help with.

Using an Iftron stinger pro. There are 3 wires that basically connect to the camera. Using a sony 600 mini cam. Yellow is video+ black is ground, and orange is the camera power supply. the orange is supposed to output line voltage -1 volt. But if the canera is rated at 5-15v and I am using 4s, this puts my voltage at 15.8ish volts or more. Regardless of this, it doesnt work at all when i power it up. When i connect my gopro up to the video tx everything works fine, so I know the rca for video is wired properly. When i plug the sony 600 cam directly to a monitor it works, so what the hell is the issue? My first problem was that the tx cuts off the signal if the voltage drops below 8.5 volts. but now I got that resolved it still doesnt work.

One area of debate is wethere or not the black wire is shared between the yellow and orange(video and camera power) coming from the tx.

ideas?