Video clip of aerobatic quad

steph280

I wonder if it's using some "carefree" function. There is no way it can be flown like that without knowing orientation.

plingboot

have a look at warthox that clip looks very much like his flying/flying field.

if i'm not mistaken, he usually flies very basic frames with very basic controllers - no gps or carefree.

i guess it's just hours and hours and year and years at the sticks.

Kilby

Yup, that's warthox no doubt. He's one of the best pilots in the world. I'm not sure why this video is one someone else's channel though. Find him on Vimeo.. hours of entertainment. He put one up last week where he was doing barrel rolls on a small quad INDOORS! Able to nail them in less than 6 feet of height.

-Terry

mailman35

i saw a video of a hex spider doing alot of the same stunts, all i gotta say is i hope i can get that good some day :p
the MR's seem to turn on a dime.

warthox

hey guys,
thanks for the kind words. it makes me happy to see that others like what i do :)

I wonder if it's using some "carefree" function. There is no way it can be flown like that without knowing orientation.

its gyro only.

Yup, that's warthox no doubt. He's one of the best pilots in the world. I'm not sure why this video is one someone else's channel though. Find him on Vimeo.. hours of entertainment. He put one up last week where he was doing barrel rolls on a small quad INDOORS! Able to nail them in less than 6 feet of height.
-Terry

why the video is on youtube? because there are some idiots out there which obviously never heard about copyright. it was uploaded to youtube and other videoportals more than once.

Warthox's flying ability is amazing, I don't know how he maintains orientation.

thanks :) its easier to hold the orientation if u dont stop moving. so eg fly always foward when u are further away.

ps. the original on vimeo http://vimeo.com/32408610