gps mode unstable

Dominic

Hi all

I have been tuning the gains on my DJI for a week now and I can not get the GPS, mode to hold in a stable fashion, it’s twitching! In attitude mode it’s stable. The gains are at 210%. Can you guys offer any advice. I will get Andy to post a video showing whats going on.

cheers Dom

Kilby

Try rotating your GPS unit a little bit. I had the same problem and that took care of it. Look at the arrow first and see if it appears to be straight through the middle of the craft. Give it a twist either clockwise or ccw and see how it affects it, then tune accordingly. I was beating my head in for a couple of weeks trying to figure it out and couldn't believe how much of a difference that tiny little bit of movement of the unit made.

-Terry

plingboot

can you define twitching?

the issue i've been experiencing i'd describe as twitching too - but can't see that rotating the gps unit will fix it…

my 'twitching' happens when i try to see how quickly the quad will return to it's gps hold position.

if i attempt to gently push the quad away from me - nothing radical, just a gentle horizontal push to move it 3-4 feet - it'll begin to twitch (attitude) and this will quickly become an uncorrected and uncontrollable flap.

There's no way i'd attempt the swinging battery, or kick test i've seen in the dji youtube clips - but i assume we should be able to dial our quads in to be able to do this…

Last edited by a moderator:

llbr22

make sure your Z-axis setting is correct. what number do you have now? and can you post a pick of your rig?

broadwing

Led goes White

Hi Guys,

I just had the same kind of experience. The Hexa drifted away in GPS mode but the LED started flashing white.
I switched to Atti mode yellow and got itunder control. Normal GPS mode worked again purple led.

Two manutes later i happened again on the same way I got it under control.

One conclusion keep it under control by observation...........

rgds
Koos