Whats the best method of balancing cog on a multirotor?

dma251

Im setting up my Xa Hexa with Dji wkm, and am curious what is the preferred method for proper balancing?

Also, I am assuming most folks are usin a consistent battery load, vs sometimes one pack, sometimes two....

I have it flying, but am now chasing down the little issues affecting flight performance...

XA Hexa with Dji wkm, Ake escs and QD1000b motors, XA gopro gimbal, 10x4.5 props.

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
@dma251.. Best to list your setup when asking a question like this so we know exactly what you have and list your issues so we can comment

Dave

dma251

Added, but my question is how others are doing it. I would think most folks have a specific technique they use to balance their machines. I am curious what different methods those might be.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
@ dma251.. there are loads of ways from stringing it up to using two chairs.. what I have found though is that really its only necessary for take off. My 450 framewheel is way way nose heavy with my go pro on the front and I need to really compensate on the sticks to get it off the ground.. when its up its sorted. The front two motors I am sure are working harder than the rear but I notice no difference in flight with my set up no matter how hard I fly her..

Dave

matwelli

on mine , i just check front to rear balance before takeoff and adjust battery position as required, by lifting it off the ground using my two index fingers on each side of the centre plate and see if she tilts forwards or backwards

a properly set up FC (as in Dave's case) will compensate (within reason) if your weight is out

on two of the multis i built, a made a sliding frame that held the batteries at the back and the camera at the front, and could slide forwards,backwards to suit diferent batteries and loads - wont work as easily on a hex,too many arms :)

cmmguy

Dumb question... Would it not be optimum for the load to be evenly distributed to each motor mount? Is that how you define optimum CoG?