Futaba Telemetry cant figure it out.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I am not so down with the WKM view since it based on a notebook. I see no use in it since i want my data on the Radio mobile to move arround
Up to now i am using unilog to get some tele from my wkm birds but all the tries to get it working with xbee have failed, probably possible but i don't get it.
So up to now i can only log data with the unilog and check it out later.

Isnt there any tele solution with extra sensors out there for futaba. I want a setup like the jeti box setup on my radio. Am i blind and there is a solution out there or
havent futaba released anything similar ?

Thanks

Boris

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
18MZ :) but basic telemetry and sensors wont be available till late Feb I think..Not sure if they will implement via firmware for our older radio. I recently just got my 14MZ when I read about the 18MZ telemetry. But I think $1K is not worth it.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
HI Jffry7,

but thats my prob. I dont want to buy the 18MZ I want to keep on using my Graupner MX 22 with the RASST Robbe module making it compatible to FASST receivers. Put a small tele box on the Graupner and thats it. I guess they wont produce anything comparable to the jeti setup. That another point that ppm input should be a musst for the WKM. I could hook up my Jeti stuff put on some sensors and the thing is done.

Thanks

Boris

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
Agree, I envy the MX-20 with the smart box....but WK-M SBUS is what I needed that time and I really prefer futaba system. I hope with the Futaba FASSTest will consider such box or firmware update to existing system

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I personally think thats also a reason why DJI is implementing PPM input. Their view setup would be less attractive and several workarounds would appear cannibalizing their product.

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
For me just the voltage and altitude will cut it but I dont want to bring a laptop just for that. In my Arducopter Mega i configured an Ardustation to display my prefer telemetry and its quite handy and easy to bring on the field of course a jeti box/smartbox but futaba doesnt have it yet. Maybe DJI will release a portable telemetry (I doubt it tho or cost will make it impractical)

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
would be cool. But you are right their strategy or whatever it is would result in a 1 K product etc. Isnt there any ppm to s-bus converter ? I think there is only s-bus to ppm or for the MK people.

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
I dont remember seeing ppm to S-BUS convert but you're right the MK guys have the S-Bus to PPM. would make life easy for JR and other TX/RX rather than using Futaba SBE-1.