My new X-8 Build

badbill

OK, here's my new X-8. VC-550 frame, Gaui GM 412-S motors, Plush 25 esc's. JR 11X, Spektrum 10ch rx w/ Futaba S-bus converter. Alware 3 axis camera mount. The three loose wires you see in the front of the IMU are the camera axis servo wires. I don't have the BEC installed that I am going to power these with yet, and am going to test fly before I install it. I did plug the pitch and roll servos into T&R to see if it worked and it did nothing.. the gimble function is activated, is there something else I have to do for T&R to take over these functions? Also, where do I plug in the camera mount yaw servo?

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141

PS- YES I know the GPS is not facing forward exactly, I haven't glued it yet

Attachments

• x8-1.jpg
    x8-1.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 423
  • x8-2.jpg
    x8-2.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 394

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
OK, here's my new X-8. VC-550 frame, Gaui GM 412-S motors, Plush 25 esc's. JR 11X, Spektrum 10ch rx w/ Futaba S-bus converter. Alware 3 axis camera mount. The three loose wires you see in the front of the IMU are the camera axis servo wires. I don't have the BEC installed that I am going to power these with yet, and am going to test fly before I install it. I did plug the pitch and roll servos into T&R to see if it worked and it did nothing.. the gimble function is activated, is there something else I have to do for T&R to take over these functions? Also, where do I plug in the camera mount yaw servo?

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141

Last I knew the gimbal Automatic Gain Control settings defaulted to 2, the servos will not move at that setting. The gain settings need to be at least 10 to get motion from the servos, the actual setting you want will depend on the gimbal and type of servos used. I found that it generally it will be somewhere around 20 so start there and then do a proper setup for the gear you're using to get it right.

The WKM doesn't control Yaw for the camera so you either need to plug it into a spare channel on your RX and do it manually from a slider or knob, use a second TX/RX for a camera operator, or use something like the Picloc 3X to control the gimbal. The alternative is to just lock it down so the camera is always facing forward and use the rudder stick to yaw the whole multi.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

rwilabee

Where did you pick up the Alware 3 axis camera mount.

Rich

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141