XAircraft X650 Gimble

rwilabee

Has anyone tried the gimble made for the X650. I'm just wondering how much down angle you can dial in remotely.

Rich

Bowley

I can get about 60 deg using a side slider on my hitec aurora with end points set at max +140/-140. I can get the camera straight ahead horizontal or straight down perpendicular to the ground depending on where I physically locate the tilt mech on the servo gear. obviously I dont get the option of the full 90 range. Important to note that if you have the tilt set to the limit you get no stabilization in the max'd out direction. I will probably bring down my Tx end points, that should prevent reaching the stops but it will reduce my tilt range.

rwilabee

Thanks for the info. By the way how is the vibration on the gimble. Do you get an jello effect?

Rich

I can get about 60 deg using a side slider on my hitec aurora with end points set at max +140/-140. I can get the camera straight ahead horizontal or straight down perpendicular to the ground depending on where I physically locate the tilt mech on the servo gear. obviously I dont get the option of the full 90 range. Important to note that if you have the tilt set to the limit you get no stabilization in the max'd out direction. I will probably bring down my Tx end points, that should prevent reaching the stops but it will reduce my tilt range.

Bowley

I've not used it yet as I cant get my X650 flying due to drift on the AHRS. I would lay odds on it not being an issue. it has a nice smooth stabilizing action, I'm quite impressed with it actually from what I've seen on the bench, Just want to get it in the air.

Bowley

Just flown my new XA 2X mount with gopro on it. Dont have my BEC yet so just connected the smaller tilt servo. so far I'm impressed tilt stab worked fantastic. absolutely no issues with jello effect or any sign of vibration and thats before I've even balanced the props. It was just a short flight in the garden but I will post some video when I get home in 2 weeks. But yeah, so far I like it especially at around $200:tennis:.
Still getting probs with the drifting signals on the V8 but I got a few minutes flight of it this morning to test the mount.

Heres my trace. My Z axis stuck at 1 also, is this normal, cant get it to do it again though??!!
http://vimeo.com/32391920

Bowley

I have the one for point and shoot camera, I use a regular gopro mount and clip on the case. I opted for that one because it comes with a trigger mech and I can still mount the gopro as well. It is a little narrow for many cameras, at least it is if you need space for an AV jack. wouldnt be too hard to knock up wider base and back plates though.

Steve