anyone a CX build yet ? Wich lipos fit ?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
CX WKM for sure. But i wanted to make a plain fpv machine. Which means workarrounds considering osd.

Hi Guys. I've recently finished building a CX4. I found that attaching the batteries under the shell was a real pain because the shell is so trippy (difficult) to get back on with the screws. Instead I've gone for mounting a 4 cell 4,500mAh LiPo
underneath and it's working really well. I get about 7mins flight time. The main problem I'm having is that when I switch to GPS mode (no red LEDs blinking) the CX4 starts to go in anti clockwise circles getting larger and larger till I'm forced to correct it. I'm talking 10 mtr circles and growing. It does this every time and I'm very puzzled by it. Even the DJI guys couldn't give any helpful advice.

View attachment 1485View attachment 1486

Attachments

• _DSC7817.jpg
    _DSC7817.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 307
  • _DSC7832.jpg
    _DSC7832.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 233

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Guys. I've recently finished building a CX4. I found that attaching the batteries under the shell was a real pain because the shell is so trippy (difficult) to get back on with the screws. Instead I've gone for mounting a 4 cell 4,500mAh LiPo
underneath and it's working really well. I get about 7mins flight time. The main problem I'm having is that when I switch to GPS mode (no red LEDs blinking) the CX4 starts to go in anti clockwise circles getting larger and larger till I'm forced to correct it. I'm talking 10 mtr circles and growing. It does this every time and I'm very puzzled by it. Even the DJI guys couldn't give any helpful advice.

View attachment 2547View attachment 2548

Nice but dont spoil it for the sake of a few quid on decent props.. dump them APC's pronto and get some Graupners on it..

Dave

Rick Hauler

I've been eyeing the CX4, but can't seem to find anybody with them in stock, especially in North America. Beautiful frame....Can anybody point me in the right direction? This and the new X468 traveler are my next victims...

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Rick,

I think its not easy at the moment to get them. My dealer got two and i was lucky enough of reserving it right away.

Check the swiss guys aerodron.ch digitech.nl and the other european dealers DW has on its website.

Can one of you give me the dimensions of the CX ? about height excluding the GPS when it comes to WKM.

Thanks

?

i fly mine for 26 minutes on a 5S 8000 mah battery :-()

engines 2814/22 12x3,8 carbon

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
japp looking forward to see how mine will behave. I just starting to wonder if the 2217 axis were a good choice.

?

japp looking forward to see how mine will behave. I just starting to wonder if the 2217 axis were a good choice.

2217 are fine with 11x5 they have good power , theyw will do better on a 5S.

my guess is if you use a 5S4000 you will have best of all worlds.
i get up to 15 minutes on a 50004S

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Yeah well once you start talking about 26 minutes its obvious what i want to have now :) Just gonna try the QC more or less the same as the AXI 2814 on a 5s.

?

well i am also not done yet , i will put in a 5800 with 6S.
with the 2814 and 11x5

it WILL lift a G12 i am sure fore more then 15 minutes , but then thats theory.

?

CX now does 16 minutes (FLAT) on the cx with 11x5 and a go pro II incl 500mw TX setup.