NEW DroidWorx EMC Series of folding frames

jes1111

Personally I think it's more "show" than "go". The "tube" shape into which it folds is not especially compact/space-efficient/easy-to-pack. You still need to stow the gimbal somewhere, plus your batteries, Tx, etc. So whilst it's an admirably clever mechanism, I don't think it will be worth whatever premium will be applied over the regular version. What do others think?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
japp i agree. The gimbal has to come off and you will probably need a 40 x 40 x 50 even more if you leave the props on case, that again a will probably have to be costume made because of the size etc. Than a second case or the first one bigger to store everything, not really revolutionary. If i have to take parts or the frame anyways i prefer the standard folding frames like RC carbon or similar were i can store the frame with the gimbal in a riffle case, which gives me more option in the trunk of my car.

Up to now i haven't really seen a good foldable solution which include the landing gear and a fast snap on snap off antivib gimbal mount. But i might be wrong and there are some nice details in this DW concept i cant see yet.

Mactadpole

I actually like the layout and look forward to seeing the real deal. I hope they will put it out as an X8 kit. I currently have an RC-Carbon X8 and while the arms do fold up it requires the wires on two arms to be very long so that set of arms can be folded back next to the others. I have to take the gimbal off regardless, so if this comes out with some sort of quick release that would be awesome too.

Shawn

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
it does have it

Removable Camera Fixing

The whole camera mounting and anti-vibration
assembly comes off...in 10 seconds. Separate
from the craft and the landing gear assembly
to minimize high and low frequency vibration

Mactadpole

Wow! That's almost even more of a bonus than the folding arms. Helps if you read the details and not just look at the pics. This sounds like it might be a another revolutionary frame and camera mount. Looking forward to seeing it.

Thanks, Shawn

it does have it

Removable Camera Fixing

The whole camera mounting and anti-vibration
assembly comes off...in 10 seconds. Separate
from the craft and the landing gear assembly
to minimize high and low frequency vibration

Last edited by a moderator: