DJI WK-M and S Bus

rwilabee

Is anyone running Futaba S Bus with the WKM. If so how do you like it and if you have a camera gimble will the S Bus run X3 for manual Vertical Adjustment.

Thanks

Rich

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi rwilabee. Japp i run the WKM on both bird with s-bus and I like it. Failsafe dosent really need a setup and just one servo cable is great. Camera pitch i havent done yet but i dont think you need another connection over X3 since s-bus should also pass an the pitch adjustment.

Only down side it that futaba dosent over a telemetry feedback channel sensors etc. So if you want to setup a different telemetry setup than the WKM approach since i could be to expensive futaba has no solution for you.

rwilabee

I am switching from my Spektrum to the Futaba 8FG. I did have to set up the Failsafe there. So do you mean I don't have to set up failsafe in the radio like I did when I did the bind with my Spektrum. I'm assuming that I still have to set up the Failsafe in the Transmitter while watching the TX Monitor Screen in the WKM software or will it go to the correct Failsafe position. I would like to set up a Return to Home via the Flight mode switch.

Thanks

Rich[

QUOTE=BorisS;13829]Hi rwilabee. Japp i run the WKM on both bird with s-bus and I like it. Failsafe dosent really need a setup and just one servo cable is great. Camera pitch i havent done yet but i dont think you need another connection over X3 since s-bus should also pass an the pitch adjustment.

Only down side it that futaba dosent over a telemetry feedback channel sensors etc. So if you want to setup a different telemetry setup than the WKM approach since i could be to expensive futaba has no solution for you.[/QUOTE]

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I have a graupner with a robbe Rasst module thats compatible to Futaba Fasst, S-bus. I didnt have to do anything for failsafe. WkM notices that the s-bus signal is gone and goes to failsafe. My graupner to s-bus setup does not even allow me to give a certain failsafe values for the flight mode channel. Only throttle can be altered.

This might be the same with a futaba RX to TX setup. S-bus signal lost wkm goes to failsafe

rwilabee

Thanks I'll experiment with it as soon as I get the build done. I'm doing an XAircraft x650 Build right now. Getting away from the Gaui type frame that I'm running, Hoverthings 550mm. To much flex and I get lots of Jello with my GoPro that I can't get to go away. Tried balancing the props, better motors, mounting the GoPro in different locations, etc still no luck. The XAircraft has no flex in the arms and I'll have an actual 2 Axis Gimble. Just pics for fun.

Sebas600

Just another question on the s-bus system. the wmk has a 5v power supply but i've read that the photo higher gimbals work much better with 6v. is there a way to work around this? cutting the red servo cable and feeding only the servo 6v? or is this not possible? anyone had this problem?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
You can use a third party ubec like the castle creations 10amp programmable one or the cheaper fixed 5/6volt hobby wing one.. Just supply the power from the ubec to the servos and signal from the WMK..

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
This might be the same with a futaba RX to TX setup. S-bus signal lost wkm goes to failsafe

Should be testing this in the next couple of days.. will report back

Dave

Siteline

Hey Guys,
We are new to this forum, and have just recently purchased the WK-M. Right now we are flying a MK Hexa, DWorkz frame, AV200 mount, 1 JR x9503 and 1 Graupner MX20. I began to build the CineStar 8 and stumbled across some pretty compelling footage using the WK-M that I couldn't deny. I also have a beautiful CineStar gimbal that I would like to use on the okto. My question is, is there a work around to run a Okto and have the WK-M help with the 2axis Camera gimbal, with out having to buy a new Futaba TX in order to us the S-Bus? I'm looking forward to trying this out!!

Siteline

Hi Siteline,

maybe this could be a work around.

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/sbe-1-manual.pdf

and you could use use your graupner MX20 with a RASST module from Robbe and a Futaba s-bus RX. Not sue though if there is one for the MX 20.
I am using this module for my MX 22 and communicating directly to a S-BUS RX

http://www.robbe.de/hf-modul-hfm12-mx-2-4-ghz-rasst.html

Boris
Hey BorisS, Thanks for that I'll check it out. Do you have your CineStar 8 set up like this? If so how do you like it? Is the Herkules II esc's working out?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
HI

Siteline i have my WKM Hexa and the WKM CS8 running with the combo Graupner 22mx with Robbe RASST module and S-bus RX on both, dont remember which one.
S-bus concerning WKM ist great.

I will have my CS8 back up latest sunday than i can tell you more about how the Herkules is working out.

Boris