GPS tracking device

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I have been on the lookout for a GPS tracker which is lightweight and can be attached to a heli. This is in case your pride and joy should ever fly away into the distance and you can't get it back...it should be lightweight and you need to be able to use your iPhone and google maps to pinpoint its location in realtime.

Anyone got any ideas?

Gunter.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
they have sport watches with them built in. I have surfing friends who are always showing their path on the water. they plug it into the pc and it overlays on google earth.

hexa

what about this plus you can strap it to the kids or the wife when not on the kopter.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Security-Realtime-GPS-GSM-GPRS-Tracker-Watch-Style-UK-/140606499669?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_GPSSystems_GPSSystems&hash=item20bccceb55

ViewImage.aspx

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Thanks for all the suggestions. The problem with most of those is that it needs mobile phone signal...I suppose nowadays most places have signal, but it would be good to have something that works purely on GPS. Meez's suggestion about the Garmin is good, but they are a bit pricey.

I did see a GPS watch that uses purely satellite signal, but that costs £10 a month...maybe a possibility if you use it when the kids go out to play, then take it off them and strap it to the heli when you go flying!

:)

Gunter.