Need advice in setting up FPV using Skyzone Goggles, etc., etc., etc...

RikMac

Need help in setting up a FPV system using Skyzone Goggles, 5.8Ghz transmitter, Foxtech 10in Monitor w/two receivers built in. My Mobius Action Camera will be connected to the TX. I'll have Clover Leaf Omni-Directional Circular Polarized 5.8 antennas on the TX and receiver(s).

I am a neophyte when it comes to video broadcast systems at 5.8Ghz. I need to know how to set the channels/broadcast bands, etc. on the goggles as well as the monitor What channel to use?? The manuals are very vague, so consider me ignorant as well.

Any advice appreciated.

THX!

RikMac

Acill

I run mine with a 4 leaf on one of the inputs and a stock on the other. Why? Well I had two 4 leaf on it and it just seemed to not do as well at closer ranges than with the stock on one. On my 600mw ImersionRC transmitter I'm using a three leaf pointing down. As for channels I have tried all of them. For me 3 seems to work the best. I live out on the country side and dont have a lot of things near me if that matters at all.

Feel free to PM me if you like. We can exchange texts too of you like for more real time help.

RikMac

Hi Acill,

Thx for responding. I have the original stick antennas that came with both the Skyzone and Foxtech monitor/receiver(s). So I can experiment with all until I find the best setup. MY current problem (because none of the manuals are specific enough is how do I start the whole process. i.e.. I can get the Mobius camera connected to the TX (powered). I can power up the goggles. I can power up the Foxtech monitor. That's easy.

Jus how do I start the "channel/band selection process with each (Skyzone) and (Foxtech). Do I just press a button here and there until I see what the camera sees? Remember, I also have to set the FR and CH buttons on the TX.

I can, of course, go off line and do a PM if it would be easier.

Rik

Acill

If you hit the channel button on the goggles it will beep for the channel it on the number if times that channel represents. 1 beep for ch 1 for example all the way to 8. The band button will cycle the bands for the diffrent type of transmitter 1-4 giving you 32 channels total. I use an ImersionRC transmitter set to Ch 3 and made my goggles beep 3 times. I then set my band one beep at a time until I got a picture more or less.

bensid54

I'm thinking about replacing my Fat Shark camera with a Mobius action cam, can the Mobius work with the Fat Shark transmitter and if so how do I make this happen?

bensid54

Checked it out and my video quality with my present system is already that good, so I guess I'll wait for the next evolution in FPV camera.