Power Naza with 12V power supply rather than lipo during testing / config?

lb543

I'm currently using a PC power supply to power my lipo charger, and it got me to thinking, could I use the same 12V power supply to power my F450 when I'm doing testing and configuration on my work bench? This would keep me from having to go get a lipo out of my safe when I want to test out transmitter configs in the Naza assistant, etc.

I was thinking of soldering a female XT60 connector to a yellow +12V and a black (ground) wire, which would then plug into the main male XT60 lead soldered onto the F450 power distribution board (the same place the lipo would typically be plugged in to).

After researching, it seems like my E300 ESC's are rated for 12V (11.1 - 14.8V) and the VU of the Naza is rated at 7.2 - 26.0V. Am I overlooking anything or is this safe to use as a power source?

Thanks!

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Sure no problem with this but your supply may not give quite as pure a voltage as a battery, batteries are pretty convenient though.

lb543

Sure no problem with this but your supply may not give quite as pure a voltage as a battery, batteries are pretty convenient though.

Thanks Pete! My lipo charger reports a steady 11.9V as the input voltage when being powered from the power supply, so I think I should be good there.