Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal has become slow to respond

seaswallowme

I have a DJI550 setup purchased from Helipal. (Naza-M V2, H3-2D gimbal, Devo 7, FPV setup). It was all working fine until my gimbal was bent in a crash. I fitted a new one and it works, however it's very slow to respond to the RC pitch control. There's a delay of about a second before it moves, then it moves slowly, lagging behind my command. With the original gimbal, it responded instantly and sharply. The guy in my local shop confidently says it's just the new Naza firmware slowing down the response (it's true that I did update the firmware to the latest, though I don't recall whether I did that at the same time as I changed the gimbal, maybe I did). He claims people complained it was too fast so DJI slowed it down. But I find that hard to believe as it's gone from 'perfect' to 'almost useless' in my opinion. I have tried to reprogram the gain settings for the gimbal as well as the calibration of the RC channel but they make no difference. (Why don't DJI let us change those parameters?) Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, I spent a while searching the forums and couldn't find any relevant posts.