F550 NAZA V2 rolls right on take off

tracerbob

Hello, this is my first build so I'm not sure what's going on. I have:

DJI Flamewheel F550 with extended landing gear.
DJI NAZA M V2 with GPS. Firmware version 4.02.
DJI E300 propulsion system/15amp esc's
Jr 9503 radio

On the maiden flight, as I do all my helicopters, I ease on the throttle slowly to observe any problems that may arise. Well, they did. As it gets "light on the skids" the thing wants to do a roll to the right. It tips up on the right gear legs and looks as if it would go right on over if I continued to lift off. I have not gone any further with my flight testing because of this issue. I've checked and rechecked motor orientation for proper motor placement and rotation and radio settings and everything looks OK. All flight modes and failsafes appear to be working according to the LED. On the settings, when I move both sticks to the lower left all sliders in the setup software move to the left but in order to achieve this I had to reverse the aileron setting on the transmitter. I'm at a loss as to what this can be. Could it be a problem with a defective Main controller?

Flydigital

Not sure if it's weight balance. I had my 550 weighted badly so it would want to tip over. I would compensate heavily as it took off and take off quick up to 2 metres and let the Naza do its stuff to correct.

min0nim

Check your gains in the Naza app. Set them all to 'default' using the button at the bottom right of the screen, and make sure there are no controls assigned to them (so all on 'init'/'int'/something like that) in the drop down menus below each setting.

cootertwo

Could be just ground effect too. I know it's scarry, especially when you're not sure everything is set right. All my quads need at least a foot or two off the ground, before they settle out. Especially the little 250's. Mine almost always lean one way or the other, on lift-off, or as it usually looks, "Blast off".

are you in manual mode if so flip the switch to altitude hold and once above center throttle up it will go when high enough go back to center stick. If you want to go down bring stick below center and down it will go.

38super

Hi
I've learned that taking a quad or hexa off the ground is not like taking a heli up . On heli you spool up to speed and just above half stick you lift off. On a quad you don't really spool up
you just get it going then give it the gun and your up . I use to do that way like I did my Heli and quad would fall to one side all the time . just have to trust all blades are going in right direction
and push throttle at a quick movement once up just come back a little and hover then your ready to do what ever you want

RobBurn

Take off the props and verify your motor rotation, i used tape. Plug into assistant and verify the model is hex. After this and you have your battery on it, use straps and i also use velcro so its not sliding at all. Then put your index fingers a couple inches in from the motors on opposite arms and see if it balances, do this on the three opposing arms to ensure balance.

This is the way... Step 4 (5) from naza v2 quick start manaul.

Keep raising the throttle stick until all the rotors are working, push the throttle stick to the mid point
and then take-off your multi-rotor gently, pay attention not to push the stick excessively.

I would not arm the motors and try to gently lift off the ground.. Use the above method to hit the mid poiint and then lift off

Enjoy