More Rules / Laws comming to Australia?

Fat Corgi

There'll always be the idiots. Those that have more than a passing interest in Multirotors, covering multiple industries are much more likely to adhere or at least recognise the laws and regs. Joe Blow, who buys the latest phantom to because it looks sick on YouTube most likely won't. Joe Blow does the stupid stuff, Joe Blow sticks it on YouTube and goes viral, and the circle continues.

dazzab

There'll always be the idiots. Those that have more than a passing interest in Multirotors, covering multiple industries are much more likely to adhere or at least recognise the laws and regs. Joe Blow, who buys the latest phantom to because it looks sick on YouTube most likely won't. Joe Blow does the stupid stuff, Joe Blow sticks it on YouTube and goes viral, and the circle continues.
I totally agree. And that's who CASA are not going to regulate. Under 2Kg just go for it. But those who know what they are doing and stick the regs will still have to spend $5k to jump through the CASA hoops for certification. Makes total sense to me. Honestly, why is CASA involved in the 'flying toy' class anyway? It's so simple to deal with those. Simply require them to be hard coded with limits or you can't sell them in Australia. Job done, no need for millions of taxpayers dollars talking about the obvious. They really should make me King. Fly a phantom near my plane and 'off with his head'! Bet that would get the attention of Phantom owners.