Not from Tulsa...

FlyFlyFly

But is seems like everyone else is. Weird...

Anyway, I've been lurking and learning. I have some really grand ideas but they might not be feasible. Guess I'll find out when I start asking questions. My objective is to build a super-stable camera platform that will carry my Canon 5D mark II. I couldn't care less about agility or maneuverability. My objective is to build something that will take gorgeous videos from the air and fly for a really long time.

A little bit about me; I have my pilot's license, which I realize means absolutely nothing when it comes to multicopters. My last aerial video didn't turn out so well. I crashed. Unfortunately I was actually riding in the plane at the time. It was an ultralight and the engine died shortly after takeoff. It sent me to the hospital, but I survived and I got a really cool video out of it.

BigTulsa

But is seems like everyone else is. Weird...

Anyway, I've been lurking and learning. I have some really grand ideas but they might not be feasible. Guess I'll find out when I start asking questions. My objective is to build a super-stable camera platform that will carry my Canon 5D mark II. I couldn't care less about agility or maneuverability. My objective is to build something that will take gorgeous videos from the air and fly for a really long time.

A little bit about me; I have my pilot's license, which I realize means absolutely nothing when it comes to multicopters. My last aerial video didn't turn out so well. I crashed. Unfortunately I was actually riding in the plane at the time. It was an ultralight and the engine died shortly after takeoff. It sent me to the hospital, but I survived and I got a really cool video out of it.

Actually it means quite a lot. It means that you already understand airspace rules (unlike many who buy the RTF multis right now) so you are ahead of the game in that regard.

Enjoy. I'm not quite sure which multi would meet your needs, but the largest one I've seen built on a hex platform right now is the Tarot 960 and I think that they make a gimbal setup for that hex specifically for the 5D.

I think the Tarot for me might be a bit large but I'm currently looking at doing a builder for myself and my younger brother (we share a love of RC).