F550 Buy with new E300 15A ESC or Old 30A?

museummatt

Noticed that the new F550 Kits are shipping with the E300 tuned propulsion system. One would think that this is an upgrade, but the ESCs went from 30A to 15A and the props look like P2 props. So if I have a chance to get an older kit with 30A ESCs, should I go ahead and order it, or get a new one with the 15A ESCs?

Not sure if I want to run 3S or 4S at this time. Looking to build a stable, vibration-free ship for AP. Probably put a H3-3D on it if I can't find anything better.

I'm running the new E300 15A with 4s and an H3-3D and it's incredibly smooth and stable so far. Props are nicely balanced, no vibration. Never used the old ones to compare, though.

Flight in high winds - no post stabilization:

Last edited by a moderator:

haleymon

I'm running the new E300 15A with 4s and an H3-3D and it's incredibly smooth and stable so far. Props are nicely balanced, no vibration. Never used the old ones to compare, though.

Im Running the E300 system as well, H3-3D, Gopro, iOSD, FPV, Can Hub, and heavy AeroXcraft landing gear. 4S 5800 battery 2503g It is very smooth doesn't struggle at all. 13:30min flight times.

Dave

Im Running the E300 system as well, H3-3D, Gopro, iOSD, FPV, Can Hub, and heavy AeroXcraft landing gear. 4S 5800 battery 2503g It is very smooth doesn't struggle
at all. 13:30min flight times.

Dave

Can I ask what voltage you usually land at? I have that exact same setup, and I get about 10 mins even with 4s 5500... but I land at 14.3v (loaded) to keep on the safe side...

haleymon

Can I ask what voltage you usually land at? I have that exact same setup, and I get about 10 mins even with 4s 5500... but I land at 14.3v (loaded) to keep on the safe side...

Each cell is at 3.7 - 3.8 (no load) when done... My 1st warning goes off at 14.4... Auto land is at 13.6

The 13:30 is At 14.4 - 14.2 Depending on how fast I can get on the ground.

Dave

i get 9.5 min on 4s 4000 and 12 min on 5000 with landing gear gimbal and gopro. never tried it without wind,every nice day i am working. this is with stock e300 setup

OldIron

I'm sure there is a thread somewhere for this; but, I'm going to wire two 4s 6000mah's in parallel this weekend. I'll post some results next week ... F550, H3-3D, GoPro, AeroXcraft, older 30amp esc's.

38super

New 550 build with E300.... This was a replacement for the old set up that crashed (pilot error) with the 30 ESCs. I run maxamps 9000xl 100c lipos... On the old set up with stock landing gear ...gopro and gimbal and Graupner 10" props I was getting 17 min . Cell voltage at end of flight was 3.70 or close for each cell. would land at 14.2 v according to radio telemetry. Still waiting for gimbal and mount to be installed on new 550. Right now I'm breaking in batteries (have two) and getting 21 mins with nothing on . weight about 2400g. With Gimbal and mount plus go pro
I am expecting a few more mins maybe 18 min or 19min but won't know for sure til all is in place. What I have read were the the 30 amp ESCs were over kill by DJI . They found 15A were more then enough. One big difference was with the Graupner props. when I gunned it it went like a bat out of hell. .With the props that came with the tuned system not so fast but more efficient. There's a lot of flex in them but was told by Atlanta Hobbys they are stronger then they look . Hope so ....like haleymon I'm pushing the weight limit .Mine will be about same weight as his......