Spectrum Analysers in UK

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Yes, that will come in the next 3-6 months.

Of course it would be well to remember that 90% of your jobs will not be in congested areas.

Benjamin Kenobi

Yes! Give up your day job and go for it! Make sure you have some savings to get you through the first few months. I found since I made it a full-time career I have no choice but to make it a success.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
As Ben says, go for it! It's not the walk in the park than many think and it will take hard work to make a good business out of it, but if you succeed, then the rewards are well worth it.

Mick Koi

Those last 2 posts have just perked me up a bit to be honest....encouraging words : )

Im on the July course in manchester and with a lot of money spent on kit, learning new things everyday and sharpening my editing skills...,and quite a few clients lined up already... Im still finding myself wondering if im doing the right thing!? Well, i hope so : )

1lifefilm

Hi Mick
Good luck on the course....and you've got clients lined up already...nice one! What sort of jobs are they?
Simon

Benjamin Kenobi

Those last 2 posts have just perked me up a bit to be honest....encouraging words : )

Im on the July course in manchester and with a lot of money spent on kit, learning new things everyday and sharpening my editing skills...,and quite a few clients lined up already... Im still finding myself wondering if im doing the right thing!? Well, i hope so : )

You are doing the right thing. To make a great living at it you'll need to be doing it full-time, be ready to go at a moments notice and have no debt. Try to minimise all outgoings as much as you can and really take advantage of the profits to be made.

Hope that helps! :nevreness:

Benjamin Kenobi

Apparently NATS aren't allowing any over 7kg flights to take place in London. A few people have said this.

Just an FYI.

NATS have had their meeting with the CAA yesterday and things will be back to normal for over 7kg flights in congested areas within a couple of weeks.

Andy03

Hi Ben,
That's great news. My problem was that NATS stopped allowing me to fly over 7kg in controlled airspace (a ctr) - in two weeks should I be allowed again?

Many thanks
Andy

Benjamin Kenobi

In a few weeks yes. I am under 7kg and have been flying continuously in London for the past month...and I'm sick of it!!! I moved to the Cotswolds to enjoy some country flying. I've still got quite a bit more to get out of the way in the city then hopefully back to wide open spaces. :nevreness:

Mick Koi

Cheers Ben, it will be my 100% full time job, and to be honest a brand new chapter in my life turning my back on a past life, so looking forward to getting going and getting out there! Ill be fortunate to be starting off with no business debt at all, but thats only really because I've been slowly pushing forward over the last few months buying RPAS things as and when i get money. Its taken me a while to get to where I am now, but I've got more than a good bit of kit i think and a few positive leads already, so no turning back now! ; )

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Not really sure why this thread seems to have digressed from Spectrum Analysers to operating a new small one man band uav business in the uk.

Ill be more than happy to contribute to the new thread but not here

Ben please start a new thread and move irrelevant subject matter to it please.

You may also include my reference to bring removed from the forum as a moderator as Bart so rightly commented on the lack of subject matter.

D

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
What's the point, all threads go this way eventually...

So whats the point in having subject matter, or should MRF just emulate RCgroups farce of a total free for all where anyone searching for info gives up because of the irrelevant content of the subject matter.

D

RobertoMFS

Serious question, did your instructor tell you how to use it and interpret the results? If not, why did he suggest it?

andy

Rob.

Hi, he don't told me how to use it, we are talking about how to make the operations more safe and he mention that was an interest tool to check the spectrum before Flight.
Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RobertoMFS

After some research, I buy an RF Explorer, I found that the developer its a Spanish guy that lives in my city.
I buying online from Germany, because here are not in stock.
If I receive the unit before the weekend I try to meet the developer in your RC field this weekend.
When I have more info about how to use I post here.
Regards
Rob.

Palin

Hi Roberto, what did you think of the RF Explorer. I was thinking of buy a Spectrum Analyser.

Ben, do you use one? cheers Cairn