Naza V2 (V-hexa) flips instantly, reverse-compensating for movements?!

pasen

Hi,

I have tried searching alot for a solution but no luck so far.
This is my first post here so please be gentle.

The setup:
Tarot FY690s
6x T-motor 700kv (MN3508)
6x APC 12x4,5 props
6x TBS Bulletproof (simonK) ESC
Naza V2 + GPS, with firmware 4.02
3s 5000mAh lipo
Tarot T2-D gimball w Gopro3
Total weight ~2,8Kg

And just to mention, I had the exact same Naza-controller in my previous F550 (with Turnigy plush and NTM hobbyking motors) and it worked perfect until 1 prop cracked mid-air and i decided to go with higher quality props and motors.

The problem:
At takeoff (gps/atti/manual) the hex flips instantly.
I have tried holding the copter with my hands above my head while taking off (in gps/atti/manual modes) and it seems fine as long as im steady on the hands.
But when I tilt the copter in any direction (just slightly) it tries to compensate in the wrong direction, making it tilt even more and flips! I almost dropped it because of the brutal "compensation" it made.
And just to be clear, no stick movement except throttle given. And this happened in all directions.
So it does the opposite of what it should?!

I have tried (in this order):
* triple-checked the mounting direction for the Naza (the little arrow) and the compass/gps.
* Calibrated compass (before each flight)
* Upgraded firmware before 1st flight (4.02)* Triple-checked all propellers and motors, they are rotating in the right direction according to the V-hexa configuration.
* Unplugged all ESC-cables and motor cables and reconnected them again according to the manual. (M1 to the front right arm, M2 to right arm etc).
* Recalibrated all ESC's, several times.
* Re-bound Tx/Rx
* Upgraded firmware of Naza to 4.02
* Reset to default settings and configured everything again.
* Basic IMU calibration.
* Advanced IMU calibration
* Reset BTU info
* Using default gains, and the suggested gains from Dji for F550, and my previous gains.
* Reversing roll-channel in the TX.
* Calibrated servos in Naza-software.

Im out of idéas.
Anyone recognize this behaviour?

My next step is to try using my KK-board instead of the Naza when I have the time.
Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
You say you did M1 to front right which is correct but then you say M2 to the right- this is wrong, it should go anticlockwise ie Front right is M1 front left is M2

pasen

How can I have missed this...
Thanks! :D

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: