Thanks For All Your Support - Have I Forgotten Anything??

genesc

These items I have picked up from recommendations in my posts from you guys. I am attempting to build my first Quad that will be stable enough to learn on. If there is anything I have left out or should change, I would appreciate it if you could pass on the correction to me so I can re-order or add to my order.

This build is based on the Group Build by Bartman

Thanks
Gene

1 - FrSky 2.4GHz ACCST TARANIS X9D Digital Telemetry Radio System

1- FrSky X8R Rx - 8/16 channel, Sbus, Smart Port Receiver with PCB Gain Antenna

1 - DHI Flamewheel F-450 fame

2 - 2ea. 4 cell 3000ma batteries

1 - iCharger 106B-plus 250W 6s Balance/Charger + Power Supply

4 - 4X SUNNYSKY 2212-980KV Brushless Motor ,Multi-rotors "Not the knock offs"

1 - 2 sets of GemFan 9x4.7 Props

1 - DJI NAZA-M LITE Multi-Rotor Stabalization Controller

4 - Afro ESC 30Amp Multi-rotor Motor Speed Controller

1 - NEW Dubro Tru-Spin Prop Balancer 499

----------

1 - Weller wes 51
Sodering Iron

1 - Kessler 1lb Rosin Core .031 dia. soder roll

1 - 2 packs of small 4" cable ties

1 - Assortment of shrink tube

1 - Two sided 3m tape

1 - Moongel Drum Damper Pad

Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Make sure you get extra servo leads (male to male), bullet connectors that match the size on the parts you ordered (3.5mm is pretty standard) and choose a type of battery connector (I liked XT60 but have just fully switched to Anderson Powerpole).

If you are ordering from a place that has various bits, some raw silicone wire in various gauges and some JST connectors will always get used.

Get er yourself some of the good Scotch/3M hook lock style Velcro.

Have fun and be safe.

genesc

Thanks Moto
Really appreciate your feedback. I did forget to add that I got the 3.5mm bullet connectors, 3m velcro hook lock and a few of the XT60's. Also
purchased one meter of each, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 and 20 guage silicone wire as well.
I am sure I will be missing something...:) Hoping you guys will help me add to the list of things to get.

Thanks
Gene

gringers

Preoccupied
Threadlock for your hex screws when building the frame and mounting motors.

Zip/cable ties (if you don't have any knocking about) for holding the escs under the arms and tidying up your cables on the frame.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Good looking list there Gene.

Take your time building and post up some photos as you go along.

Cheers

Pete

Bluerex

+1 for the Anderson power-poles (if you go down this path, get the crimper to suit) :)
I would also suggest that the lite version of the Naza is a bit of a dead-end. I understand the price difference, but the full Naza (v2) will let you grow with all sorts of future add-ons.

As Pete says "don't rush", read the doco on the Naza again and again, then connect the receiver (and read them again) check orientation, make sense of the arcane instructions on GPS (and IMU) location. As tempting as it may be, put the props away until you are absolutely sure all is well.

C

Oh and print out and bind ALL the documentation. It makes a great basis for an operation and maintenance manual in the future.

And remember "It's meant to be fun"

genesc

Thanks again guys for your time to help a beginner out. I have probably up to 6 weeks before I receive all my components. Lots of time to read, learn and view videos on the net. Not to mention asking questions here. I would be totally lost without your help and guidance.

And yes Blue I am on a budget...:) Will have to steal more of momma's grocery funds to fund the Naza V-2 later on when I have confidence enough to take it to the next step

Pete, and yes I will post lots of photos as I go and hoping you and the other members will chime in with your thoughts and correct me as I go along.

Thanks
Gene

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Can't recall if a prop balancer was mentioned. Definitely need one of those. Also, lots of extra props in the beginning. :)

genesc

Yes I did get a prop balancer. I have been looking at different ways of motor balancing as well. With motor balancing the I-Phone with
proper programming looks to be the easiest.. But I do not own an I-Phone so the next easiest way that I see is with a pen lazer light
and mirror. So I will be looking for a lazer pen light that will fit my budget.. If there are any alternative ways of balancing motors
then I am all ears...:)
Thank you
Gene