Greetings from Tulsa, OK

jmooreou

I'm a noob living in Tulsa

F550 Hex, Wookong-M, Mini OSD, 5.8 GHz FPV, Tarot 2D gimbal

I've already had one significant crash while trying to film a drilling rig I flew the hex into the rig mast. Ouch! Everything is repaired and seems to be working well.

I'm off to the appropriate thread to ask about battery performance. I have my timer set at 4 minutes with the warning at 3 min. Running 3s 5000 MAH Traxxas LiPo. I may be too conservative with the battery - watching the voltage I bring it down as the voltage approaches 11.0 volts. Here is the link to the demonstration flight I recorded this morning. It has been very windy here so I got up early to fly this little demonstration, but you can still see the hex fighting the wind as it gets above the trees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWAXWF_6hbA

noid1037

J Moore,
Hey there fellow Tulsa dweller....
Im new to this game as well, I have a 650 frame, motors, esc and props in transit now....Maybe we can sync up and do some comparisions and fly bys....
I live in South Tulsa and will have the frame up in the air within a month, still need to order the controller and radio. Thinking of going NAZA and Futaba. Would like to see what kind of FPV you have....

Hope to hear from you and nice to see the images!
Noid Wilson

I am in Tulsa as well. I fly with a couple guys from work. I am looking around for other people in the area to possible connect with. I am in the Owasso area and fly sometimes in fields during the week. We get together around town on the weekends sometimes to fly as well.

noid1037

I'm sure we will meet up. I have talked to john a few times via email... Work and life have precluded us to meet up. I am knee deep into a Tarot 650 quad build using a Spektrum 9 transmitter, a X Aircraft controller and other gear. I hope to have it wrapped up in the next week or so. I'm waiting for my back order ESC's and a power distro board. I live in the south Tulsa area and would enjoy getting together sharing stories and see the different gear out there... Maybe we can schedule a date for all of us to meet up in a central location or if there's is some flying field.... Let's see how this group feels.
noid.

Sounds good. Let me know when you have all your stuff ready to go. I have a simplecopter vtail quad and a syma x1 with upgraded motors with a turnigy 9x radio. I have a buddy building a vtail and he already has a tricopter. Another friend has a homebuilt quads, walkera quad and a sail plane that he flies fpv from BA into the jenks area and down to the river.

noid1037

Malik... Are there specific days that your flies? That's might be a starting point to meet up.... Let us know when your group might meet up and we can work in a meet and greet! Thanks for the follow up.

noid1037

Malik, Im not a facebook person. Where and when are you folks planning on meeting? Im having fits with my quad.... Do you know if anyone in the area has experience with X-Aircraft controllers? Thanks for the info!

The link is a public link. You can view it without being logged into Facebook. 7/26/2014 @ 8:00am. 41st & S. 118th E. Ave. Not sure about the controller but we can take a look.