Batteries

Looking to buy some 3cell 11.1v batteries for longer flight time. Are some brands better than others and do I have to stay with 3 cell?

Don't stock up on 3S, i.e., 3 cell batteries if you have any plans to move up to heavier payloads and/or larger MR systems as the larger systems require move volts to stay in the sweet spot for optimum efficiency/max flight time.....
And it is very difficult to get a good resale price on almost new or not so new used batteries in the lower voltage ranges...... people have no way of knowing just how well used batteries have been taken care of.

If you are very careful you may also be able to get some excellent used batteries from the classified section of MRF.....
Just make sure that the seller is able to give you the "IR, i.e., internal resistance" data for each cell in each battery at time of sale.
If the IR is at or very close to the original new specs, they have very few cycles and/or have been very well taken care of.

Attachments

• GE power 3S 30C 20407 focalrc.jpg
    GE power 3S 30C 20407 focalrc.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 195

Thanks guys,sorry for leaving out it's for a quadcopter. I'm looking to buy new but, a good used would be ok too. Richard that batt looks good, I don't know what brands are better than others. Let's say Duracell to eveready. My machine is running with 3cell. Can I use four cell or do I need to change things. I'll order that batt tonight Richard, just have to change to bullet connectors, xt60. Thanks