Hello from Rhode Island

Spflyer

Leo C
Leo from Rhode Island. New to multi-rotor. Doing the long wait for components to arrive for a quad build around a Kk2.1. Currently flying a Syma X1 to "get the feel" of it. I've built a single seat full size airplane some years back but always wanted to fly from the ground too. I'm sure I'll seek the advice of the more experienced as this project moves forward.

jbrumberg

Welcome Spflyer- Those SYMA X1's are great little trainer quads. I still have 4 operational. I also fly my build with a KK2.0 version 1.6 FCB. The KK2.0/2.1 boards are great boards with which to start. So far for my purposes, I have no need to upgrade at this point. I may never have to; time will tell. Post freely and often.

Spflyer

Leo C
My wife hated the homebuilt airplane and is thankful I'm not getting into this one. What radio do you use J? I bought a Flysky TH-9B I don't have it yet but the setup has me a bit intimidated.

jbrumberg

I also have the Flysky TH9XB. It is a basic Tx. It has great range. I have no real complaints with it. The available Owner's manual(s) in its various translations of Changlish depending on which 9X version/model you find on the internet can be problematic in the beginning, but there are many helpful videos available and members here and at RCG who can assist with the learning curve.

Spflyer

Leo C
Oh, you have the same TX, awesome. On the internet I've seen it paired to the X1. Do you fly your X1 with the FlySky, and if so what do I need to do to set it up. I just checked tracking and the tx is in the USA so I expect to receive it any time now. I'd love to set it up with my X1. I understand the X1 flies like it's on steroids when paired correctly to a better tx.

Last edited by a moderator: