Anyone else have a package delayed from Hobbyking?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I've been awaiting a Taranis from Hobbyking and the tracking info says the shipment (as in the entire container!) has been returned to Hong Kong. Has anyone else been caught up in this?

Bart

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I've been awaiting a Taranis from Hobbyking and the tracking info says the shipment (as in the entire container!) has been returned to Hong Kong. Has anyone else been caught up in this?

Bart

i didn't get caught up in it fortunately, but I've read several posts (including yours) with the same story - shipments from china in general (not just HK). One mentioned that the container needed to be returned to sender and new paperwork generated.

ovdt

There are lots of reports about this on Rcgroups.

I stopped buying from Hobbyking after getting my package in 3 months.

cootertwo

Yup, they need to get their chit together if they want to keep selling to people in other places, than China. I wrote a complaint to them, a few weeks ago. Found something I wanted, around $90. Then shipping from China was going to be over $100, so I spent a long time searching their so called USA warehouse for similar item. Ordered it, then they charged me $40 EXTRA shipping, claiming it was USPS calling it an oversize package. Then on my order details, I noticed a "customs" number. It was also still on "processing", a week after I placed the order. I tried to cancel, but they said it was too late. I got my order about a week later. I've since placed 2 small orders with them, and figure I'll see it when it gets here, in a month or so. Just about all the suppliers seem to be pretty busy with this new multirotor fad.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
here's the reply i got from Hobbyking today...the problem is, I don't know when my stuff is going to be back in Hong Kong so they can attempt to ship it again.

Good day! Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I want to help you in the best possible way and we appreciate your utmost patience. Regarding this concern, please be informed that we have an update from our warehouse, that all orders shipped via Swiss Post International Bridge with this issue will be reshipped for free. It should take within 2 to 3 working days upon arrival of the parcel back to our warehouse. Please understand that we have no control over customs or your countries postal system. Once the parcel has been reshipped you will be notified with an email. I am humbly asking for your consideration and kind understanding regarding this matter. Rest assured that this issue will be resolved and you will receive your parcel soon.
Have a wonderful day and I'll definitely be looking forward to help you with your concerns in the future. Please feel free to browse in our site and purchase with our great items. Thank you for shopping with us!
Sincerely Yours,
Jean
HobbyKing Customer Support Team

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Love that they threw in the extra sales pitch at the end! "Please shop some more with confidence. And if not with confidence, shop anyway. You may one day even receive your items." :)

jfro

Aerial Fun
I only order there as a last resort and nothing expensive.

I ordered some 6s Nano batteries on March 27 that said they were in stock in USA. Now 20 days later they say they haven't shipped.

Been on text customer service for 30 minutes.

They took my payment on March 27th and their web site said in stock in USA.

They finally said (after about 20 minutes)
"We apologize for the inconvenience. Due to the high volume of orders we received, there was a certain delay in verifying your payment. However, your order is now in In Print Queue and will be processed for shipping shortly. We will send you a confirmation email with a tracking number once your order has been posted."

I told him they took my money and said it was in stock in USA.

They asked for my order # a 2nd time.

then they said the same thing....

"We apologize for the inconvenience. Due to the high volume of orders we received, there was a certain delay in verifying your payment. However, your order is now in In Print Queue and will be processed for shipping shortly. We will send you a confirmation email with a tracking number once your order has been posted."

Never once answering my questions. I'd cancel the order, but can't find batteries in stock anywhere except for double and triple the price....

That's why I don't buy much from them. There is just such a shortage of large 6s batteries right now, not many choices where to buy.

ary

I'have unsolved problem purchasing items(US$483). payment via Western Union.
It's been 6 month now
Customer service reply several times but no solution.

Ary

Bart

pj1967

i had an issue with HobbyWow which took a month to resolve, i had all the excuses given but it took a complaint to PayPal to get them moving as they worry about PayPal stopping their Accounts, which hurts them when you make a Claim and also a good bit of moaning on Facebook helps as its Bad PR when people look for reviews.

My best Advise is Pay by PayPal if they accept this payment as you will have grounds for a Complaint that they cannot pull out of and when you get an email from Sellers asking you to stop the claim please as it being sorted, dont listen to them because if you do stop Claim PayPal will not re-investigate again they will take it as you have sorted out your differences with with Company you have bought as you only get one chance to complain with a Claim.

cootertwo

Just a friendly reminder to all those out there, China is a "communist" country. At one time, before they took over the USA, they were the enemy. Remember any of our so called wars, to "stop the communist incursion" ???? Viet Nam ring a bell, Korea ??? and I'll add WalMart! Is anybody around here old enough to remember the communist leader of Russia Nikita Khrushchev's quote, that communism would take over the USA, without firing a single shot ???? Well, people, they are here, and alive and well, and pretty much calling the shots! It is what it is, unfortunately. OK, I'll finish my coffee, and wait for the prozac to kick in...............http://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...ND-003&va=khrushchev&hspart=CND&hsimp=yhs-003

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar situation here.... I have an item that supposedly shipped from HobbyKing International 28th March.
Typically I am prepared to wait for about 5 weeks maximum if I can see evidence that the parcel tracking is showing progress.
But in this case the parcel seems to be lost as there is no indication that it has every reached the destination port.
Add to that, the Swiss Post International Bridge thing makes absolutely no sense to me...... What does a Switzerland business have to do with shipments between Asia and North America!
As judge Judy says "If it does not make any sense.... it is a lie"!

View attachment 17625

Bart

Attachments

• missing.JPG
    missing.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 308