DJI A2 Compass Interference

Hi everyone!
Today something really strange happened :dejection:

I started flying around 8am out in the sea. The first 5/6 flights went very well, then after lunch the platform started to fly very strange. Flying in GPS mode the stability was very bad, expecially height.
After 2 minutes of "hovering" with very very bad result (x8 going up and down and not responding well to throttle) I landed and noticed that with the pink LED there was also a green one. If I put it in ATTI mode with the yellow LED I could see a blue one (or the other way around :)).

I checked the solar activity and today there was a strong storm. The take off is from the bridge of a 90 meters metal ship and I'm flying very close to high voltage equipments but don't think that's the problem since I already did around 15 flights a few months ago with my old Y6 with WKM and the early morning ones with the new X8 and A2 were perfect.

Anyone can have an idea of what happened and how I could fix this problem?

Thankssssssss

Cheshirecat

Hi everyone!
Today something really strange happened :dejection:

I started flying around 8am out in the sea. The first 5/6 flights went very well, then after lunch the platform started to fly very strange. Flying in GPS mode the stability was very bad, expecially height.
After 2 minutes of "hovering" with very very bad result (x8 going up and down and not responding well to throttle) I landed and noticed that with the pink LED there was also a green one. If I put it in ATTI mode with the yellow LED I could see a blue one (or the other way around :)).

I checked the solar activity and today there was a strong storm. The take off is from the bridge of a 90 meters metal ship and I'm flying very close to high voltage equipments but don't think that's the problem since I already did around 15 flights a few months ago with my old Y6 with WKM and the early morning ones with the new X8 and A2 were perfect.

Anyone can have an idea of what happened and how I could fix this problem?

Thankssssssss

There is a high risk of severe geomagnetic storms in high latitudes for the 12th and 13th after the sun vomited out a class M Flare earlier this month, spaceweather.com report the storm is passing and peaked on the 11th.
I am flying tomorrow (oops i mean today) but do not intend to use GPS mode at all during the flight.
I saw whilst bench prepping the rig that i could only get 5 satellites when at that location i never have trouble locking the full compliment.
Perhaps stay in Atti and check again on the 14th to see if it settles.
Aurora spotters are happy though.

Any clue what the green and blue light along with the violet and yellow means? Do I need to recalibrate the compass now? Or when the conditions are ok I turn it on and the LEDs will be back to normal?

And could the storm cause this (I think) compass problem or it hasn't anything to do so it's probably caused by some equipment we're flying close to?

Kari

Did you try in atti mode? If it's geomagnetic interference related problem there should be no issues in atti mode.