dji a2 two purple flashes

lugaluga

Hello I just updated the last version of my djia2, but now I can't get it to fly, it blinks purple two times... Everything works except the engines

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Hmmm, two purple flashes normally means that you are in GPS mode and that your sticks are not centred. If you can get a vid of what you are seeing, that would help. Have you done the combo stick move to initiate the motors?

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
As Carapau said, two purple flashes means it is receiving a command from the transmitter, ie sticks not centered. Normal behaviour. As above have you tried a CSC? Did the motors run before the update?

lugaluga

Thank you it worked perfectly but the sticks were misconfigured. But now I have another problem when it starts flying it does like a feather effect and it falls. Yesterday it flew perfectly and today it started to do this. Will be bad the dji a2v

View attachment 17306 View attachment 17307

Attachments

• la dfoto 2.jpg
    la dfoto 2.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 267
  • la fodto 1.jpg
    la fodto 1.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 270
Last edited by a moderator:

Carapau

This looks like your gains are perhaps too low. Can you post your gains please.

Benjamin Kenobi

Thank you it worked perfectly but the sticks were misconfigured. But now I have another problem when it starts flying it does like a feather effect and it falls. Yesterday it flew perfectly and today it started to do this. Will be bad the dji a2v

If you've just set it up why would you instantly blame the A2?

As Carapau said, your gains do look too low. It seems slow to respond to attitude adjustments which means it over corrects and bounces back in an endless cycle.

lugaluga

the gains are fine, tomorrow I´ll post a picture. The weird thing is that yesterday I flew it for 15 minutes perfectly, but out of nothing it starts the feather effect.

Carapau

Well, can you post your gains so that we can have a look- it still sounds like a gain issue of some sorts.

Glennyboy

looks like low gains to me....or maybe incorrect imu mounting co-ordinates! show the gains and imu settings!

lugaluga

thank you all! i tried the setting and it gave me glennyboy for now it`s working perfectly, but still i want to leave the octocopter date to see if it can work even better! best regards

ocotcopter

4 batteries of 8000mha 6s
18x6.1 propeller
dji a2
t-motors u7 420kv
esc 40amp
the weight with the battery and camera is of 11kg aprox

Carapau

Look at the 2nd post in this thread and read the manual- 2 purple flashes shows the A2 is in GPS mode and that your TX sticks are not centred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benjamin Kenobi

It also means cyclic control.

Have you done the transmitter calibration? (sorry, I have to ask just in case, although I'm sure you have :nevreness:).

You also get extra flashes if within 10m of the home point. Are you getting the flashes on the landing zone or near it and have you tried flying 10m away?

I only get the Double flash when I try to start the motors. I have calibrated many times. If I leave the sticks alone I only get a single flash.. My sticks are spring loaded to the center.