Hello from Canada!!!

My name is Mike, I am new to the hobby of Multicopters, I work for a surveying company who has just recently got into aerial surveying, i am in charge of building and piloting these fine aircraft. my background is mainly rc cars and trucks, bashers etc.. but i am really getting into these multicopters, just needing a bit of advice here an there

looking forward to chatting with you all, and hopefully i can lend my limited input aswell to return the favor

Cheers!

Mike

using a digital camera we can break down the digital photograph to see elevations and calculate distances using computer software, or atleast thats what im told, i just build maintain and fly surveying is my bosses job lol

Ya it does, if i could only get theses birds to fly properly i could try it out, i am working on two setups at the moment and neither are flying proper, one is a quad running naza, and the other is a hexa running the multiwii pro

SoCal Blur

Yeah, I just saw your other post about the Multiwii Pro. I wish I could help you but I bought my multiwii pro from witespy ReadyToFlyQuads and it came with the firmware for my Octo installed ... pretty much just had to enter the magnetic Declination. That is the up side about buying from Paul's company. The downside is that he's a 1 man shop and it sometimes takes weeks to get stuff.

Amerly

Hi Mike !

I have a similar ''parcours'' as you but for crime scene mapping in Quebec... My built is going on right now and I have used many fantastic inputs from this great forum ! We are trying Pix4D Mapper right now... What software will you use ?

Where are you operating ? Going ok with SFOC ?

Cheers !

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Mike !

I have a similar ''parcours'' as you but for crime scene mapping in Quebec... My built is going on right now and I have used many fantastic inputs from this great forum ! We are trying Pix4D Mapper right now... What software will you use ?

Where are you operating ? Going ok with SFOC ?

Cheers !

actually we just started with this project nd i just found out about SFOC from one of the posts on this site so i have to look into it, we are out of hamilton, we do mostly railway bridge surveying but we can survey pretty much anything, we have a contract with the esso plant in nanticoke aswell, whole bunch of stuff going on, cant remember what the program is that we are using i havent gotton that far yet, still trying to get theses birds off the ground stabley

do u use a 3d scanner aswell?

Yeah, I just saw your other post about the Multiwii Pro. I wish I could help you but I bought my multiwii pro from witespy ReadyToFlyQuads and it came with the firmware for my Octo installed ... pretty much just had to enter the magnetic Declination. That is the up side about buying from Paul's company. The downside is that he's a 1 man shop and it sometimes takes weeks to get stuff.

All the youtube vids i've watched people seem to have absolutley no issue, just a few clicks, change a few minor settings in Arduino and bam their quad or hex or whatever is up flying stable with no issue, me i can't even get mine off the ground

Amerly

Well good luck for the paperwork... You might want to read this : http://lgdata.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/docs/1314/785668/micro.pdf

I guess insurance will be the biggest issue on your side, and one of the first question you will get from TC...

Nothing to do with the other part, the fun part of building and flying it :)

And finally we don't use a 3D scanner... Don't know much about theses... Pix4D Mapper is a photogrammetry tool... Amazing one... Can be used with any cam or UAS... Mostly fixed wings... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IreErPZXotk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuZUSe87miY

cheers !

Last edited by a moderator: