Motor, Flight Control and/or Z15 Weirdness

sk8brd

ok Tecee i just came across a thread on another forum about simon k may tech esc's causing very similar issues with guy's craft rocking back and forth during flight. he is using different motors then you but there still tiger's. Apparently when you calibrate the esc w/ simon k w/ some tiger's you have to set the throttle range to more then 100% on radio meaning there is a firmware issue on some sec's with some motors. not sure if i can post another forum link on this forum but something to consider. here is a vid of the esc's cutting out on another setup with tiger u5's with maytech's w simon K https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJamvLec88M#t=83

Last edited by a moderator:

teecee

My ESCs are 60amp Maytechs and power distribution looks good all around. I feel that it was an FC issue for sure. I had been having some issues with that and I thought I heard the tell tale noise it had been making before when the problem came up. I see that DJI has an update for the A2 today. Perhaps that will straighten it out. Too late for that hex unfortunately...

sk8brd

Tecee were the maytech's with simon k or without. it's possible to buy either i believe. i would like to get to the bottom of this cause i'm going to be running a very similar build.

sk8brd

there has been some talk between simon k flashed maytech's and compatibility issues with some tiger motor's. your exact motors don't seam to be an issue but on some other tiger's like the u5's there is issues. going to research more.