Hello from Kansas

Skyguy

I'm a total noob at multirotors, but a former longtime fixed wing RC guy as well as an active private pilot. I started in multis with an Estes Nano but quickly saw the potential and the Estes' limitations. So as soon as the hobby shop got its RTF Blade Nano QXs in, I bought one. Then added four new batteries and a Celectra 4-port charger. That was a week ago and I'm progressing nicely. Almost have head-in hover down pat. I've flown around a room using banked flight so I think things are coming along pretty well. It still seems funny to hover with no forward flight. I guess some sensations are hard to adjust to.

I am looking for information on breaking in and using Li-Po batteries so I'll post my questions when I locate the right place. Seems everyone has a different opinion on how to break in and use them. (What a surprise!)

I am looking forward to learning from more experienced people so I will appreciate your help, and your understanding when my questions get too elementary.

Bruce

Skyguy

Thanks. Yes I have seen that article on Li-Po batteries and it's a good one, but it doesn't address my questions. So I will find the best place to ask and see what else comes up.

Thanks for the welcome!

Bruce