Hoverfly New to Hoverfly

Jjgonzo66

Hello there again
After trying a different set of esc s AKE 20amp with my green board and having no success i thought i should just get a set of turnigy plush escs to make my quad fly.
they are in back order so i pulled the trigger and bought the castle creation quad pack 25amp escs. Spent last night soldering the new bullet connectors and deans, but I could not test it. Today, i reprogrammed the escs with the castle link and made sure all connections were solid and in their right place. I, once again, updated the board to the 4.8 firmware, and tested the inputs of my radio in the set up assistance; i can see the throttle, rudder, pitch, elevator indicators and such move on the set up window. It passed all tests.
So, I went to fly it and again; there is no yaw control. I reduced my gains to +10 ( my futaba 10 c radio does not have the -10) to manual and auto leveling, and still no control. Played with different gains and nothing. I really dont know what I am doing wrong.
Could it be that there is no hf pro green board in the assistant software? there is only the hf pro.
I have not even connected the hf gps board
I am getting a bit discouraged.

I'd appreciate any help
thanks in advance

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
the yaw channel slider moves in the HP setup client's first window? have you tried reversing the YAW channel and flying just for the heck of it? do you have any travel in the yaw channel? open the end point adjustment option in your radio's menus and make sure there is at least +/- 100% for the yaw channel

mbsteed

aerial video centric
Yes,

It can be very discouraging. I have been through this myself where everything I did seemed to fail - rebuilt the ship numerous times... same problem (different from yours). However, the problem is there it just needs to be figured out. You have eliminated a huge factor, the ESCs. I would suggest that Bartman is on the right track here suggesting you check your radio. Once that is verified really the only thing left is the board itself. Playing with gains will not help if you have no control of the yaw. Have you replaced the yaw cables (transmitter to HP board) - but then that doesn't make sense if you can see the yaw control movement in the assistant software. Not sure what to suggest.

Jjgonzo66

Just a quick update:
It seems that the hf board doesn't like any vibration. That my be the cause of all the problem. The frame I'm using is quite old and it shakes a bit when spooling up.
Ill try a different frame sometime this week when i have time.
Thanks again for all the advice

mspencer1

This is an odd problem. First off, it doesn't matter with the HFP firmware when it comes to green or black boards. The firmware works with both. There is only a couple changes made to the black board. The biggest one is the power filter. The green board comes with an external one while the black board has an internal one. So make sure your using the power filter. Second, if your ship is able to arm and become airborne that points to a HFP board or radio malfunction. This is not a common problem. You said it passed all tests including the sliders in the setup program. They all move as they should right? I'm sure you've already tried it but recalibrate your sensors again. Did you purchase your radio used? Are there any old settings in the radio you don't know about? Start from scratch. Create a brand new model and go from there.

Stacky

Hello there again
After trying a different set of esc s AKE 20amp with my green board and having no success i thought i should just get a set of turnigy plush escs to make my quad fly.
they are in back order so i pulled the trigger and bought the castle creation quad pack 25amp escs. Spent last night soldering the new bullet connectors and deans, but I could not test it. Today, i reprogrammed the escs with the castle link and made sure all connections were solid and in their right place. I, once again, updated the board to the 4.8 firmware, and tested the inputs of my radio in the set up assistance; i can see the throttle, rudder, pitch, elevator indicators and such move on the set up window. It passed all tests.
So, I went to fly it and again; there is no yaw control. I reduced my gains to +10 ( my futaba 10 c radio does not have the -10) to manual and auto leveling, and still no control. Played with different gains and nothing. I really dont know what I am doing wrong.
Could it be that there is no hf pro green board in the assistant software? there is only the hf pro.
I have not even connected the hf gps board
I am getting a bit discouraged.

I'd appreciate any help
thanks in advance

if you reduce your gins too far the yaw control is lost in Hexa mode. Try upping the gains a long way. When you have gone to far the hexa will oscillate and make a squirrely sort of sound, then you can drop the gains till you get it right.