Greetings from Yorkshire

StuR

Hi All

I just thought I would introduce myself. Originally from Lancashire but now living just over the boarder in Yorkshire (hopefully any Lancastrians on here will not hold it against me) :nevreness:

I'm fairly new to multirotors and currently in the process of working on a DIY build. I have experience in photography, video, editing and electronics but most of the multirotor stuff I read is still a weird science. My aim of the DIY build is to help my gain a better understanding and hone my flying skills. Of which I have some rc experience. But I have quite a way to go before I can think about obtaining my BNUC-s licence.

After loosing my business last year i'm also currently working on a business plan based around sUAVs for digital imagery. My last business took me away from photography and video but I am keen to get back to it as I enjoyed the work so much. I was lucky enough to have a variety of work ranging from teaching video art in schools to filming and photographing BASE jumping in the UK and abroad.

Im a keen cyclist (MTB and road), raced MX through my childhood and into my 20's (i miss it), was an obsessive climber until injury retired me and do the odd spot of fishing.

Im keen to learn and if any one has any advise of any kind it would be appreciated.

I look forward to posting more on here as my experience grows.

All the best

Stuart.

COMike93yj

Still Building!
WARMEST WELCOMES STUART!

There are a quite a few of us that are just starting out in the multirotor world and are learning here at the MutliRotorForums!

You are WELL ahead of the power curve if you already understand photography and editing!

What is BNUC-s license?

If you have questions on Business plans, I am pretty good at writing them. I have done several in the past three years, two for classes at the University and one for our business that we have on hold due to lack of funding and a competitor beating us to the punch....shame as they have hit financial troubles and we were SOOOO close to breaking ground.

I am looking to improve my skills at building, maintaining, and flying multirotors as a hobby but would LOVE to be able to make beautiful videos of my mountain adventures!

There are some really good folks here, many of us beginners in the MR (multirotor) field. Some of us are building our very first DIY quads....here are some links that may interest you!

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?14280-Group-Build

http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...eli-abbreviations-acronyms-secret-codes-etc-!

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?12819-Understanding-Lithium-Polymer-batteries

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?16121-Getting-Started-BY-beginners-FOR-beginners

These topics should get you closer to your goal!

I hope this helps and look forward to seeing you around the neighborhood here!

Cheers,

Mike :)

StuR

Thanks Mike

Thats very kind. I will have a look into those links. I have just been reading a thread started by Motopreserve titled "Getting Started...BY beginners, FOR beginners" which has some very useful tips and info.

Sorry to hear about your business, hopefully you will be able to get the wheels in motion agin if your competitor has hit the rocks.

BNUC-s licence is the licence required here in the UK to operate a sUAV commercially. I need to get in a LOT! of practice before I can think about applying to take this though.

Curiosity got the better of me and I've just Googled 'Front Range, Colorado'.. what a beautiful part of the world. It's a bit different to the bleak windswept and wet moors of Yorkshire!!

Thanks again

Stu.

COMike93yj

Still Building!
Thanks Mike

Thats very kind. I will have a look into those links. I have just been reading a thread started by Motopreserve titled "Getting Started...BY beginners, FOR beginners" which has some very useful tips and info.

Sorry to hear about your business, hopefully you will be able to get the wheels in motion agin if your competitor has hit the rocks.

BNUC-s licence is the licence required here in the UK to operate a sUAV commercially. I need to get in a LOT! of practice before I can think about applying to take this though.

Curiosity got the better of me and I've just Googled 'Front Range, Colorado'.. what a beautiful part of the world. It's a bit different to the bleak windswept and wet moors of Yorkshire!!

Thanks again

Stu.

Stuart,

Scott's thread is a good start for us beginners! He is a great guy and is kind of paving the way for several of us!

Don't apologize for the business....things happen and it is all good for us....just a refocusing for all of us business partners!

Thanks for the explanation on the BNUC-s thing....that makes sense to me!

Colorado is a beautiful place. I went to college here and fell in love! I used to fly a bit over the UK out of Mildenhall and Lakenheath...."Bleak windwept"....trust me I can relate from an aviators standpoint! Challenging to VFR flight at times!!!!

Remember, this hobby/profession can add up quickly and hit you in the wallet FAST! My best suggestion is to RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH...then ask TONS of questions. We will be there to help from a beginners standpoint and many others will chime in as well. It is NOT as simple as saying "I want to fly a quad and take pictures".....there are many aspects of the RC world that will come into play...everything from basic electronic theory to RF interference as you progress.

I am learning a TON and have chased several "rabbits down the proverbial hole"....each time learning a ton more!

Keep on learning and ask away! We will be here to answer questions if we can and if not, there will be others that can!

Cheers,

Mike :)

jbrumberg

Welcome Stu-

We all come here from many paths and different life experiences which is a good thing. Different eyes and ideas with a singular goal- to get something we are building airborne and flying. And hopefully under some degree of control. Good luck. I look forward to your posts. Jay

Welcome Stu, great to have you on board. Everyone is very helpful here an theres tons of information too.

Cheers jim

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk