Plug-in HDMI converters, PAL/NTSC question

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
they don't have any more information than any other reseller.....they say output is PAL but is that the camera? the converter output? i'll email them and see what they have to say about it.

bart

janoots2

Im in a similar convo on another forum. I don't even think some of the vendors know what is going on. Here is my update......

Oversky confirmed that it would work on a 60i on dec 1 via the below after sending him the same pic of my camera in my previous posts:

"Thanks for your email. I passed your email to my engineer, he said our converter can work with you camera for sure, if it doesn't work still, please send it back to us, we will send you replacement as soon as possible, I'm sorry for the trouble.
Thank you!"

I was contemplating a refund, but after that statement I requested a replacement and that it be tested before it was shipped. Sent mine back and the new one shipped out on dec 24 with the following:

"Yes, the converter is updated and with the new firmware and a plug, I've shipped it, I'm not sure if it works with the 60i but someone said it worked.

Merry Christmas!"

I can only assume it was not tested with a statement like that. If it doesn't work again I'm done with this and will sell it to someone across the pond to cut my losses.

It's hard to believe the programmers "forgot" about the whole 60i market?!

janoots2

Yeah, apparently they upgraded the plug and firmware in these new ones. I have yet to hear if the firmware supports 60i however...they sent me the new version as a replacement...

djw43

i have been using this one on a Nex 7 for a few months, $50 ebay from China.
eBay item number:
it has a switch for PAL/NTSC visible on the pic

pic

janoots2

Sorry, www.overskyrc.com. Boiled down, the converter now works on 60i nex5n's, and originally they only worked on 50i nex5n's even though most of the vendors didn't advertise that. Look at the little black sticker on the bottom of your nex to find the version you have.

2ydu9yga.jpg

Mine has been working great so far. Very light and clear picture.

Last edited by a moderator:

daniel

i bought that hdmi converter that goes direct to 5N,...i bought it in the US, where everything is NTSC,....the seller didn't specify well, or i trusted the seller that being an American like me, he knew that we use NTSC here, NOT PAL!!!!

so i trusted, and bought it, and now i have a PAL hdmi converter with a NTSC 5N here.......thats never gonna work...

I need to sell it , any PAL user interested??
i can ship it to Europe....

Let me know

Thanks

Dr.phil

Can't get a picture from my Nex-5n (bought in Norway) using the Oversky HDMI to AV converter:
http://www.overskyrc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=56&products_id=479
The IR trigger works fine, but only black screen on display.
Connected my old converter and it still works fine .

Already did this:
Attention before using HDMI to AV converter (must follow the following steps! It fits SONY converter and Converter for General use)
1) Most importantly, don’t connect the converter or any cable to the camera before the process. Set up HDMI resolution to AUTO, saved, then quit the set up menu, and turn off the camera.
2) Connect the HDMI converter or the related cable, turn on the camera, it will work normally.
3) If no image is appeared, please check and see if the resolution set up is on “AUTO” state, that is to say, we need to check whether the step one is completed and saved or not, and then start working. If it still does not working, please repeat the step 1).

Any help will be appreciated

wm1

Can't get a picture from my Nex-5n (bought in Norway) using the Oversky HDMI to AV converter:
http://www.overskyrc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=56&products_id=479
The IR trigger works fine, but only black screen on display.
Connected my old converter and it still works fine .

Already did this:
Attention before using HDMI to AV converter (must follow the following steps! It fits SONY converter and Converter for General use)
1) Most importantly, don’t connect the converter or any cable to the camera before the process. Set up HDMI resolution to AUTO, saved, then quit the set up menu, and turn off the camera.
2) Connect the HDMI converter or the related cable, turn on the camera, it will work normally.
3) If no image is appeared, please check and see if the resolution set up is on “AUTO” state, that is to say, we need to check whether the step one is completed and saved or not, and then start working. If it still does not working, please repeat the step 1).

Any help will be appreciated

Are you talking about the display on the camera or your monitor?