CNC machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have completed build a cnc machine and enjoy building multicopters. I have created a few of them but thought that there might be other people that would like to see there own design come to life. So I am offering my cnc machine and material that I have for those that would like to design there own. I have 1/16 inch fiberglass (G10/FR4) sheet and can cut any thing up to 24"x24". Provide a sketch or a dxf file and I am willing to help out. After your design is cut I am willing to ship anywhere you would like. Here are some examples of some things that I have made.

Attachments

• Quad.jpg
    Quad.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 390
  • Quad frame.jpg
    Quad frame.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 326
Last edited by a moderator:

jfro

Aerial Fun
I have completed build a cnc machine and enjoy building multicopters. I have created a few of them but thought that there might be other people that would like to see there own design come to life. So I am offering my cnc machine and material that I have for those that would like to design there own. I have 1/16 inch fiberglass (G10/FR4) sheet and can cut any thing up to 24"x24". Provide a sketch or a dxf file and I am willing to help out. After your design is cut I am willing to ship anywhere you would like. Here are some examples of some things that I have made.

Where are you located?

Was playing with some aluminum and made some arms for a multocopter. The solid aluminum arm looks very nice and clean. I was surprised on the weight. Not much more then the hollow square tubing. Final weight was 38grams each. If any one is interested I can help make some for your own multicopter.

View attachment 15480View attachment 15481View attachment 15482

Attachments

• Arms 1.jpeg
    Arms 1.jpeg
    619.5 KB · Views: 272
  • Arms 2.jpg
    Arms 2.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 279
  • Arms 4.jpg
    Arms 4.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 254

airship

:tennis:really nice and clean cut ... can you share some specs and photo of your milling machine?
thanks
peppe

Here is a picture of the machine. It is designed after the Momus machine. I have modified the plans to have a steel frame and a larger cutting area. Also have two motors running the Y axis.

View attachment 15484

Attachments

• CNC machine.jpg
    CNC machine.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 271
  • CNC machine.jpg
    CNC machine.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 304

jfro

Aerial Fun
It looks like this is a diy machine. How much time & money would it take to build this? Would be interested in the hardware costs and software cost.
Am I correct in that this is a little bigger than most diy systems out there for multiroters?

I've looked at a couple machines, but even thought they start at $500 US dollars or so, they end up around $1400 or more to get running...

Status
Not open for further replies.