Help with Fail-Safe for Naza M-Lite

tigg2109

Hey guys,

So i have been flying my f550 for the past couple weeks. I have not had any issues so far (up until this point). I have flown some pretty good distances and flip the fail-safe to return home and land. All of this has been good until yesterday. For some reason now my fail-safe is not working. I'll have the copter about 50-100 yards away and hit the fail safe and instead of returning to where i plugged in the battery its about 30 yards away and then will start climbing and not stop. So after giving it time to see what it does i eventually have to cycle off and take control of it and land it myself. Like i said up until yesterday all was well. I have recalibrated the gps twice to see if the was the issue and no luck. I'm not sure what is going on. Does anyone have any ideas? Once again thank you guys for all the help. i have a futaba t8j and the futaba 2008 receiver. and the firmware says that it is up to date.

Yesterday when i was flying I did a pretty good distance then flipped the fail safe and brought it back home it was currently above the home location when i cycled off and took it off into the distance again. I had my timer running and i had about 6 min of flight left, ive been getting around 16.5 - 17 min of flight time. so around 12 min and hit the fail safe. Should be plenty of time for it to make it back to the home location, it wasn't too far this time but i took it pretty high. so the fail safe had been going for about 2.5 min and i started getting pretty nervous. I could hear that it was nearby but i could not see it. then at around when it was running into close to 16min i hear the motors working hard and saw it was about 70 yards away. i was going to take control and land it but then all of a sudden it just took off. it ended up coming down pretty hard, but the landing gear took most of the force. it was a kind of flimsy plastic. the only thing damage was the landing gear, few props, and the top plate had a slight crack. no other issues. today was when i was having the issues. i will say that it worked once out of the 4-5 times i tested it.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.